Back Home

Y/N's P.O.V.

~~~Friday~~~

The day had finally come. The day that Mason could leave! I opened my eyes and saw I was laying on Calum's bare chest. I could feel Calum playing with my hair and I looked up at him.

"Sorry," he said, taking his hand away from my hair.

"It's okay, I like it," I said, smiling up at him.

"Should we get up for school?" he asked.

"Yeah, pro-"

I was interrupted by a loud door opening.

"Y/N, Mason, I'm home!" I heard my dad yell from the living room. We both jumped out of bed in a panic.

"Go hide in my the closet," I whispered to Calum frantically, throwing him one of his shirts. He put it on quickly.

"You didn't tell him I was staying?" he asked.

"No, he would just assume things would get sexual, so I didn't say anything. He's coming!" I said. He quickly closed the door to the closet and my dad opened the door to my room.

"Hey, sweetie," he said, Mason behind him.

"Hi Dad," I said, a little nervous.

"You seem nervous, are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm all good," I said, smiling.

"You know she sl-" Mason started to say, but I cut him off right away.

"Umm... I'm hungry. What's for breakfast?" I asked.

"I picked up some donuts for you and Mason to share on the way home," he said.

"I'm starving," Mason said.

"I bet you are, son. My daughter is high maintenance... Believe me, I know," he said to Mason, laughing. They walked out of my room and headed to the kitchen. I hated how friendly they were to each other. It felt like Dad was closer to Mason than I was with him.

"You can come out now," I said to Calum, opening the closet door.

"Where do I go?" he asked.

"Go out the window, you can get your stuff after school or whenever," I said.

"Okay, see you at school, love," he said, opening the window and climbing down. It was so cute when he called me love. It made me feel special.

"Coming, Y/N?" Dad yelled from the living room.

"Coming," I said, walking to the living room. Mason and Dad were sitting on the couch together, eating donuts.

"How's Mom?" I asked, taking a seat next to Dad.

"Honey, I don't think we should talk about it now," he said. I nodded my head, but I really wanted to know how she was.

~~~

My dad took me to school and Mason to the airport.

"I'm so glad he left," I said. Michael, Luke, Calum, and I were all sitting in the band room together.

"How's your mum?" Calum asked.

"I don't know, Dad didn't tell me. He said he would tell me later, but who knows," I said.

"Calum, we have a cover to do tomorrow," Luke said.

"Yeah, when do you want me to come over?"

"One?"

"Yeah, okay," Calum said.

"You finally convinced him to do a cover?" Michael asked. Luke nodded his head, yes.

"Congrats".

"Well, it was all thanks to Y/N," Luke said.

"What? I didn't do anything," I said.

"You told Calum he had a lovely voice and since he admire you... a lot... you gave him the courage to sing," Luke explained.

"I was just stating a fact," I said.

"But it was said by someone he loves," Michael said, but instantly covered his mouth. I looked at Calum.

"You love me?"