You're Out

Y/N's P.O.V.

I sat on the couch, as far away as I could from Mason. I got out my phone and started to type an email to my dad explaining what had happened ever since Mason got here.

"I sent the email. You're out," I said to Mason.

"I'm out? What are you talking about?" he asked.

"Until my dad responds, you're staying somewhere else. I don't care where you go, but it's not going to be here," I said.

"What the hell?" he asked.

"Get your stuff and get out before we do it for you," Calum said.

Mason got up and left the room.

I hugged Calum, and I could feel his muscular arms wrap around my back.

"Calum, thank you... so much," I said. I could feel him hug me tighter.

"I'm just glad you're okay," he said.

Mason came out from the room with his bag.

"You're making a mistake," he said.

"No, I'm not. Just go," I said. He didn't leave, so Calum pushed him out the front door and locked it.

"What an eventful morning," I said.

"Stressful," he said.

"Very".

"You never got your food. Should I make us something?"

"We don't really have anything in the fridge... I'll check," I said, walking to the kitchen. He followed me and I opened the fridge. I got out some orange juice and poured it into a cup.

"Want some?" I asked. He nodded his head. I poured the orange juice in his cup and looked in the freezer.

"You want some waffles?" I asked him.

"Yeah, sure," he said. I got four waffles and put them in the microwave.

"Do you think Mason's going to come to school?" Calum asked.

"I don't know. He doesn't know where I go to school, unless Dad told him," I said, getting the waffles out of the microwave.

"Syrup?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll get it," he said, looking in the fridge.

"Here," I said, opening a cabinet door and reaching for it. I stood on my tiptoes, but still couldn't reach it.

"Oh, here," he said, reaching his arm up. I could feel the contact from his chest on my back. He got the syrup, the two cups, and I got the waffles. I set them on the coffee table in the living room and we both sat down on the couch. I got the remote and handed it to Calum.

~~~

We got our backpacks and started walking to school.

"Does it seem like Michael's... changed?" Calum asked me out of the blue as we were walking.

"I don't know, I don't really talk to him that much. Why?"

"Well, when I first met him, he was a little aggressive towards me, but now it seems like... I don't know, he seems more... friendly I guess," he said.

"He's probably one of those people who act all tough on the outside, but when you meet them, they're really nice. I guess they just don't want to talk to people or something," I said.

"Yeah, probably."

"Do you hang out with any people besides Michael?"

"To be honest, before I met you, I just didn't talk to anyone and no one talked to me, so I normally kept to myself. I was a little pathetic though," he said, mumbling the last part a little.

"Pathetic?" I asked.

"Uhh- yeah... I used to ask girls out I liked almost... every week. But, I mean, I actually did like them, but I'd never talked to them before. I don't know, it just seems... stupid, now. I was so desperate, and stupid," he said, looking ashamed.

"You just want someone to love you," I said quietly.

"Yeah..."

~~~

We went to the band room, Luke sitting on a chair with that guitar in his hand, quietly singing a song.

"Oh, hey guys," he said.

"Hey," I said.

"Y/N, there's a guy in the office who says he knows you and is supposed to come to school with you, so, did you know?" he asked.

I sighed, "yeah, I'll go get him". I left the room and made my way to the office.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Calum asked.

"No thanks, I'm just gonna... go and take care of this," I said.

"Okay, I'll see you, Y/N," he said and walked off.

I went into the office and saw Mason.