The Response

Calum's P.O.V.

The rest of the school day went by slowly. Uneventful and boring. When the last bell rang, I felt relieved. I went outside and looked for Y/N, but then I saw Luke.

"Luke, have you seen Y/N?" I asked him.

"No, but I saw her go outside right after class ended. She might be where we have study hall," he said.

"Okay, I'll see you later," I said and quickly walked to the side of the school. When I got there, I saw Y/N sitting on the grass by a tree, looking at her phone. I walked up to her and realized she was crying.

"What's wrong, love?" I asked, sitting next to her.

She sniffed, "My dad emailed me back... and he's making me have Mason stay... in the house... and he said that Mason wouldn't do something like that. He said I only made it up because we broke up and it was awkward."

"I'm sorry," I said, hugging her. She wrapped her arms around my waist and leaned her head on my chest.

"My own father doesn't even trust me..." she said.

"Calum?" she asked, softly.

"Yeah?"

"You're going to stay with me, right?" she asked.

"Of course," I said and kissed her forehead gently.

"You're the best friend I've ever had," she said. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little heartbroken when she said "friend," but that wasn't really important right now.

"But what about Luke? Are you still going to do the cover?" she asked.

"Oh, I forgot about that. We'll just do it another day, I'll text him," I said, getting out my phone. Just then, Mason walked up to us.

"There you are, I've been looking all over for you. Why are you out here? You're supposed to take me home, I got a text from your dad. So, let's go," Mason said.

"What's the rush?" she asked.

"Why are you crying?" he asked.

"It's... nothing," she said, wiping her tears off with her sleeve. I texted Luke saying we could film the cover on Saturday. He replied saying it's fine and I put my phone back in my pocket. Y/N and I both got up.

"Don't tell me he's coming too," Mason said, pointing at me.

"He has a name, and based on what happened this morning, I want him to," she said.

"No he doesn't, he could just go home and let us do our thing," he said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm gonna stop you right there. I actually trust Cal, and I don't even want to be alone with you, so Calum will be coming with us," she said, walking away. I followed her and so did Mason.

~~~

We got home and Mason was argueing about God knows what. It seems like he has to disagree with everything Y/N has to say. He's so stupid... he doesn't even listen.

"Do you have anything better to do?" I asked him, annoyed.

"Stay out of this, you don't even know what we're talking about," he said.

"You have homework, go away," Y/N said.

"No, I don't have to do any of it. I only go to this school temporarily so I don't have to do any of it," he said.

"Whatever," she said, walking to her room. I followed her.

"He's such an idiot," she said, collapsing back first on her bed.

"I can't tolerate him," she said. I sat down next to her, a slight squeak coming from the bed.

"We'll get through it," I said.

"Thanks Cal".