Mike Wheeler || brave.

"Tell me why you fucking care!"

"Because he fucking raped you!"

Inspiration: 13 reasons why

There was no real harm in talking. But Mike didn't like the fact that Y/N was talking to the enemy. He hadn't told her what had happened to her at that party. He felt like he didn't have to, she was too drunk to remember what had happened. But seeing her standing there, smile on her face, talking to Troy, the boy that had raped her. He couldn't contain it anymore. He walked up to Y/N, grabbed her arm, and tried to drag her away. Tried, it didn't work.

"Mike what the hell?" she furrowed her eyebrows, pulling her arm away from him.

"Yeah Mike what the hell?" Troy's lips pulled into a smirk. He knew exactly what was going on.

"I don't want you hanging out with him," Mike's eyes never left Troy.

"What? Why are you so controlling all of a sudden?"

"I'm not being controlling, I'm trying to keep you safe," Mike finally looked down at Y/N, seeing her eyes glossed over with tears. When she got angry, she cried. It was something she couldn't help.

"Why do you care?"

"What?" they never got into arguments. Nothing as big as this.

"Tell me why you fucking care?!"

"Because he fucking raped you!"

It fell silent so quickly. And both of the teenagers standing in front of each other had tears coursing down their cheeks. Y/N looked at her friends standing behind Mike, looking for some type of joke in this situation. Nothing. They all looked down at the ground. She looked back into the eyes of the boy she loved.

"Why didn't you tell me?" it was a good question.

"Y/N-"

"Why didn't you tell me Michael?!" she never dared to say his full name. He hated it. It made it sound like he was being told off by his mother, like when he was younger.

"I was trying to protect you," she let out a sob while Mike got on his knees, taking her hands in his and kissing them, "I've always done what I've done to protect you."

(sorry this is so bad <3 )