Stanley Uris || demons.

Don't get too close, it's dark inside.

It's where my demons hide.

Most mornings that Stanley travelled to the cemetery, it was cold. This morning was no different. His grip on the bunch of flowers was tight, they were her favourite and expensive to buy. His jacket flew with the wind and the cold air blowing made Stanley's eyes water. Dumping the flowers in front of the large stone, he sat down himself on top of the slightly wet grass. He didn't care, he never did.

"Hey Baby," he looked upon the stone, at the words carved into its surface, "I just dropped James off at preschool. He was angry at me all morning for not wanting to go," he chuckled as he stared down at the ground for a moment, "he misses you. I can tell. He doesn't like how it's just us boys in the house. You wouldn't have liked it, it smells a bit," a slight smile pulled at his lips, "I try my best to keep up with the house work. James is a bit of a handful though."

Stanley sat in silence for a minute, just trying to imagine her laughter or a sarcastic come back.

"I don't like coming here everyday. I hate seeing your tombstone instead of your beautiful face," a silent tear rolled down his cheek, "I still don't sleep on your side of the bed, you always hated me moving all the way over to your side of the bed just to cuddle you instead of me just pulling you closer to me," he fiddled with the grass that had been freshly cut, "see, I remember the small things. I always did. From our first date, to the most gorgeous face you made when you held James for the first time," more and more tears made their way down his cheeks, "I just want to hold you one last time," the sobs that Stanley held in his throat escaped and he wiped his sleeves across his face to dab away the tears.

And while he sobbed, he didn't even see the small child a few metres away.

"Daddy?"

Stanley looked up with red, puffy eyes that still held soon falling tears, and he sniffled to try to stop them in front of his son.
"Jamey w-what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at school."

"I came to see Mummy."

That's what made Stanley break once again. Tears that he tried to hold found a way out and down his cheeks once again, and the sobs escaped his mouth through chapped lips. He put his head into his hands, as if too hide. But feeling the small arms of his son around his neck, and the warmth of James' head on his shoulder made him pull his son into a bone crushing hug. By now, James was sobbing along with his father.

"I m-miss her Daddy."

"I do too bubba. I miss her too."

(I just watched the new five seconds of summer music video for their song 'lie to me' and I actually started to cry. It's sad times boys and girls. And I'm sorry if this is so bad. I didn't know what to name the son so I just googled some names. Sorry it's so bad <3 )