Will Byers || love of my life.

Loving you had consequences

It was whimpers in the quiet bedroom of Mike Wheeler that caused Mike to wake up. He first thought that it was Nancy next door, crying over Jonathan or Steve or maybe even both of them. But the whimpers were more close by. Looking down at the floor, covered with the party members, he looked to the corner of the room to see his best friend with his hands covering his face and somewhat quiet sobs escaping his throat.

"Will?" he sniffled.

"I'm sorry M-Mike. I didn't, I didn't mean to wake you," they whispered across the room from each other.

"No no it's okay," Mike unwrapped his arms from Eleven to walk to Will, stepping over Lucas with his arm around Max and Dustin drooling on his pillow, "do you wanna go down to the kitchen? Get a midnight snack?"
Mike didn't see the nodding of Will's head, only hear Will's blankets and pillow shift slightly.

After making their way to the Wheeler kitchen, Mike dipped a cookie into milky liquid while his friend sat across from him, just staring.

"Okay what's going on?"
Will took in another deep breath before blinking harshly to keep back the tears threatening to spill, "I broke up with her," Mike's mouth fell open and he straightened up. He never thought Will and Y/N could be separated, "if something came back...from that place...I didn't want to hurt her," so much for not crying, "I can't hurt her Mike."

"If it was for the best, Y/N has to understand-"

"The look she gave me was the most terrifying thing ever. And I have faced terrifying."

Mike just watched, not knowing what to do, while Will sobbed in the Wheeler's family kitchen.

"I lost her. Forever."

(sorry this is so bad <3 )