Eddie Kaspbrak request || why won't you love me?

(this was a request by @KennyNWR7 ! sorry this is so late and so bad ! and also this is like a part two to my imagine 'somebody I used to know' <3 )

He is nothing compared to you Eddie.

Inspiration: Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle from Gotham (batcat)

Eddie never let Y/N see that monster after the night in the pouring rain. They had never been with the losers club when Richie was there, never even wasted a breath on a cheater as Eddie says. But while they stood at yet another party, Richie had only this chance to talk to them. And they didn't even move from their spot this time.

"Y/N....Eds-"

"Don't call me that," Eddie snapped. For most of his life he had been called that. He was sick on it.

"Right...sorry," there was a moment of silence between the three, being covered by the chatter of other teens and loud music shaking the house, "I just want to say that I really really am sorry for what I did to you Y/N. I never should have let you go-"
"It's fine Richie. It's fine," she just wanted to leave. She never wanted to be there in the first place.

Yet another moment of silence before Richie asked a question, "so are you two together or?"
They said it at the same time but with different answers. Eddie saying 'yes', but Y/N saying 'no'. They looked at each other with wide eyes and mouths open.

"Ooohh this is awkward now so I'm just gonna go," Richie left with a red cup guiding his way while whistling at a girl dancing with her friends.

"Why did you say no?" Eddie furrowed his eyebrows in a confused state.

"I just um I don't um...I don't know why I did."

Eddie looked around the room before laying his eyes back onto Y/N, "do you still love him?"

Her eyes widened more while placing a hand upon Eddie's cheek, "no no no I love you."

"Then why don't you say it?" his eyes began to water, "why won't you love me?

(again sorry this is so bad <3 )