one hundred and twenty four

The world seemed so dark around them as they drove and they knew that their encounter would be brief- they would either side with them, or not

The world seemed so dark around them as they drove and they knew that their encounter would be brief- they would either side with them, or not. The Irish coven had the means to understand the truth without having to question too intensively and so; when Carlisle and Quinn pulled up in front of the vaguely familiar house- they were assured that they wouldn't be considered as liars.

Only a short while ago, they had been there on much better terms and Quinn sighed as she rearranged her winter coat around her, taking Carlisle's hand gently as they made their way to the coven that had already congregated in the doorway in confusion- hearing their arrival before they saw them.

"Carlisle" Siobhan- their leader- greeted with a smile, though it was apparent from her eyes that she didn't know what they were doing there. Siobhan had gorgeous fiery red hair that stood out in the environment they found themselves and she greeted the pair easily into hugs. The Irish were not vegetarian vampires as they were- but they were civilised and they invited the Cullens easily into their home to discuss the reason for their visit.

"Quinn, my sweet dear. How marvellous to see you again" Sophie bubbled in welcome, cuddling into the short blonde's arm as she had done all those months ago and there was something oddly calming about the way that she did. It made Quinn feel vaguely safe as if they could possibly be on their tour of Europe all those months ago. It had been simpler times but the O'Connell girl couldn't bring herself to regret the decisions that had occurred after that because everything that had happened, had completed their family- even if the family was now at risk.

"What are you doing here, Carlisle, Quinn? We were not expecting you?" Arthur frowned, getting straight to the point. It felt peculiar to see his friend twice in such a short space of time. They usually went decades between visits and despite how they missed one another- it was their normal. Arthur and Carlisle were busy men.

"Please, we would not have come to you if it was not urgent" Carlisle breathed out the speech he had rehearsed on repeat on the taxi drive from the airport, and Quinn's hand in his under the table was the only thing keeping him calm in the situation.

"Truth" Maggie breathed out and they were all so used to her powers- nobody even flinched when she said it. Maggie had a gift for knowing when a lie was being told. The girl was so beautiful and so hauntingly like Alice that it disturbed Quinn only slightly. Maggie had a dreamy sort of expression, always using her power because she had the inability to turn it off. But her angelic face and tight raven coloured curls gave off an innocent expression. She could very easily pass as Sophie and Arthurs daughter- though she was closest to Liam and Siobhan.

"Our family... Is in danger" Quinn continued for him and they looked over at her in concern- knowing from Maggie that they were telling the truth and that was when they lapsed into the unique story. The Irish coven knew from their visit months ago that Edward had fallen in love with a human though, even they could not have predicted such an outcome. It was something they had never heard of and despite how incredibly unique of a story it was- they had the power to know that every word was the absolute truth.

"I for one, will come and witness for you" Sophie chimed, without consulting any of the others but Arthur had long since accepted her independence. Sophie was a strong woman who could make her own decisions. "If not from the curiosity of the unique... Then from loyalty to my new friend" she smiled sweetly at Quinn and vaguely, the girl found confusion in that. Quinn often found herself not needing to use her powers to hypnotise people- They gravitated toward her though they had done the same thing when she was a human, she put it down to her pretty face. Unlike Rosalie- who was equally pretty- Quinn was warm despite being a vampire and that was the attracting thing about her. Her smile was alluring, despite being completely false most of the time.

Carlisle was one of the few people who could pick the fake smiles from the real, he had seen enough of both by then. Quinn was one of the rare kinds of people that managed to keep a smile on their face even when they were most upset- something she'd carried with her from living in the hell hole. Occasionally, they disturbed people, it made her seem arrogant and insensitive, but more commonly- it calmed people.

"I follow where the lady goes." Arthur chuckled. "And for you Carlisle, you are the closest I have to a brother- Aside from Liam of course."

"I follow my brother" Liam chuckled before turning to Siobhan who was actually the leader of the coven. But similarly to the Olympic coven- the Irish were more of a family than anything else, they were capable of making their own decisions.

"I follow my mate" Siobhan nodded.

"And I follow my family." Maggie beamed, looking over at Quinn with her glittering eyes and the blonde smiled back with as much passion as she could muster- feeling obligated to when she saw the elation in Maggie's eyes despite the situation.

They had collected at least one ally.