thirty-seven

Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Unopened Letter to the World"
Season 2, Episode 15

Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Unopened Letter to the World" Season 2, Episode 15

_____

thomas sits in front of a camera for their time capsule, "so you want me to tell you something about myself?" thomas scoffed, shaking his head, "well, i don't have anything to say,"

he looked at the camera, "even if i did, you'd be so wrong to believe me, trust is a lie," he cleared his throat, "nobody ever knows anyone," he stands up walking away from the camera after filming his but for the time capsule.

____

thomas sits back against his chair watching coach durham's time capsule back when he was in school, with his arms crossed over his chest as he wore a tight fitted shirt what made his biceps look better.

"i suppose most of the fellas like to chase girls," everyone in the class chuckled expect for thomas who sat there watching the capsule video, "does that go for you too?"

the man in the video shakes his head, "no, sir, i've a steady girl, some kids find it difficult having a steady, i don't," the main in the video spoke, "i guess the key is just finding someone who feels the way you do,"

coach durham then stopped the video, opening the blinds back up, "in 1955, students at tree hill high school, created a time capsule that was to be opened in 50 years,"

coach durham walked to the front of the classroom, "they were simply asked to talk about their lives," coach looked at them, "ain't it interesting now things haven't changed much?"

thomas rolled his eyes, "within the next week, each of you will go into our converted supply closet, push the green button in front of you and videotape your thoughts,"

"do we have to?"

thomas asked with coach durham now looking at him, "yes, you have to.." thomas sighed looking away, "i won't see it, nobody will.. not until 2055," thomas looked at his coach, "by which time, i'll be dead and buried,"

the bell rings when thomas immediately moved his crossed arms from his chest picking his bagpack off of the floor, "tom, you got a second?"

thomas shakes his head standing up, "no.." he slung his bagpack over his shoulders not wanting to be in the classroom anymore, walking out with brooke, nathan, addison, lucas and peyton giving each other looks.

"are you two looking after him?"

coach durham asked both nathan and lucas who watched their best friend walk out, "we're trying," they then walk past coach durham out of the classroom.

____

"tom?"

thomas stopped seeing his father at the cafe, "how have you been?" thomas wiped at the counter looking at his dad, "bitter, kind of like mom,"