sixty-seven

Chapter Sixty-Seven: "The Show Must Go On"
Season 3, Episode 22

Chapter Sixty-Seven: "The Show Must Go On" Season 3, Episode 22

_____

thomas woke up breathing heavily in his best friend's bedroom not seeing lucas or his friends anywhere, when he walked towards the rivercourt seeing lucas playing basketball with ryan and nathan, "how long you been out here?"

"a couple of hours now," lucas looked down to the basketball, "sometimes, i come out here when i can't sleep,"

"you miss it?"

he asked motioning to the basketball, "every day," lucas then passed the basketball to thomas who catches the ball in his hands, when thomas leans up throwing the basketball towards the basketball hoop, scoring.

"so what's up?"

lucas asked his best friend, "i had this messed up dream last night," they sat down on the bench, "haley was drowning, and i couldn't save her,"

ryan frowned, "of course, leave it to haley to insist that we don't see each other until the wedding, even though we're married," nathan chuckled, "maybe i should just go see her,"

lucas takes the basketball from thomas's hand, "tell you what, i'll go check on her for you, how's that?" thomas let's out a breath, "well, tell her to stay away from the water, okay? no swimming or anything,"

the three boys chuckled at their best friend, "thomas, it's your wedding day, again," nathan looked at his best friend, "it's gonna be a great day,"

"thanks,"

thomas looked out to the water making him run his fingers through his hair nervously, letting out a breath.

____

rachel swaps her name with someone's else moving her seat closer to liam's seat who sat with his family, "rachel," rachel turned to liam, "you look almost as hot as me,"

"listen to me," liam said, "you gotta stop calling me," he stated, "i told you we couldn't see each other anymore," liam looked at rachel, "and before you left that morning, i think i made myself perfectly clear,"

rachel comes closer to him, "yeah, but the night before that, you weren't so clear," she touched his chest, "in fact, if i remember right, i think you weren't so clear three times,"

"you're 17," he stated, "yeah," rachel nods her head, "and i was seventeen that night too, and all of the other nights,"

liam sighed, "okay, listen to me, i'm sorry okay?" he said, "i made a mistake, but this is thomas and haley's day," he said moving her hands away from his tux, "now, i promise you we'll talk about this later, but do not make this ugly for them,"

rachel came even closer to him, "i wouldn't think of it," she then walked past liam who ran his hand through his hair.

____