nine

Chapter Nine: "With Arms Outstretched"
Season 1, Episode 9

Chapter Nine: "With Arms Outstretched" Season 1, Episode 9

____

"haley.."

haley turns seeing thomas walk towards her with his hand holding onto his bagstrap, "hi.." thomas grabs haley's hand taking her into an empty classroom before pinning her up against the wall pressing his lips onto hers.

"mmm," haley put her hand to thomas's face, "we can't do this here right now," thomas chuckled, "we just did.."

haley chuckled staring up at him, "okay," he kissed her lips one last time, "i'll kiss you later," he comes out of the empty classroom with a smile on his face.

____

thomas sits next to lucas on the bleachers, "when you leave this gym today, i want each one of you to look at the sun," thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "because if you lose to cove city on Friday, i can pretty much guarantee you that sun will not ride the next day,"

the ravens basketball team laughed, "that's not a joke," thomas played with the basketball in his hands, "i've coached some great players and great teams in this gym, but not one of those great players or great teams has finished a season undefeated,"

thomas looked at their basketball coach, "you may be the first, but there are only two things separating you from greatness," coach durham paced in front of them, "number one is cove city, number two... is you,"

____

"how's dinner sweetie?"

thomas smiled at his mother, "it's good," addison nods her head along with emily and elijah, "yeah, mom, it's good," emma smiled at her children, "i know you didn't get to say goodbye to your dad but you know how basketball is,"

the four children nod their heads, "yeah we know," emma turned to thomas, "i know you wanted him to give you some advice for Friday's game against cove city?" thomas nods his head, "it's okay, i know how dad gets when he's on tour,"

emma nods her head as she rubs her son's arm, "but i'll be there watching you play with emily and elijah right guys?" the two siblings nod their heads, "yep right after swimming practice," emily looked at her brother when elijah looked at thomas, "we'll be there,"

thomas turns his mom after sipping onto his milkshake, "do you think it's weird how deb is running karens's cafe whilst karen is away?"

emma shook her head, "i think deb is doing a good job at the cafe," thomas shrugged his shoulders, "i don't know, it just seems weird with her there and not karen there,"

addison looked at thomas, "yeah it's also very gutsy of deb," thomas nods his head as he stands up, "but about basketball,"

thomas sighed, "how many points do you think you will score?" thomas shrugged his shoulders, "i don't know because there's nathan, and lucas as well, maybe like 20,"