twenty-two

Chapter Twenty-Two: "The Games That Plays Us"
Season 1, Episode 22

Chapter Twenty-Two: "The Games That Plays Us" Season 1, Episode 22

____

thomas sat down beside lucas and nathan in the ravens basketball team locker room as dan stood in front of the basketball players, "tonight's obstacle is masonboro,"

dan had his hands in his trousers pockets, "if you win, you're a step closer to a state championship, and an undefeated season and greatness," thomas half smiled, "lose, and be losers,"

dan looked at lucas walking away from the ravens as thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "how the hell did he get the coaching job and my dad didn't?" lucas, thomas and nathan all looked at each other.

nathan passed the basketball towards thomas, when it reminds thomas before the game when him, ryan, lucas and nathan were out on the river court, thomas scored three points as thomas passsed the ball towards lucas who shots up and missed the hoop.

"you know," thomas and lucas looked at ryan and nathan, "all this working out doesn't mean anything if you can't hit the shots luke," thomas nods his head, "what's wrong with you two?"

ryan sighed, "we're just saying, it's waste of our time to get you ready for this game if you can't score when we need it," luke looked at ryan, "huh, give me the ball,"

ryan passed lucas the basketball, "now, you going to tell me what's really wrong?" lucas turned to his best friend, "i guess.." lucas passed thomas the basketball, "i guess i'm just dealing with haley,"

"she's still not talking to you, huh?"

thomas sighed, "no," thomas leans up and shoots into the basketball hoop as the basketball goes through the hoop.

when thomas shakes his head looking at his teammates as they come out onto the basketball court.

thomas looked out in the crowd seeing his mom sit next to his dad with emily and elijah beside them, thomas's smile falls when he doesn't see haley, thomas stands in front of nathan and lucas, "you alright?"

thomas looked at them, "have you seen haley?" nathan shook his head, "no.." thomas walks forwards when it was his turn as he gets the ball into his hands, running towards the hoop before slam dunking the ball.

____

thomas sits on haley's front porch watching as the rain coated his grey hoodie, "thomas," thomas looked up from his hoodie up to haley, "you're soaked,"

peyton drove off away from them, "what are you doing?" thomas sighed, "i just.. went for a run to clear my head," thomas looked down at haley, "i guess this is where i ended up,"

haley tried to go past thomas, "look, haley," haley looked up at thomas, "the picture of peyton didn't mean anything, okay?" haley looked at him, "it did to me, clearly you still have feelings for her,"