fifty-four

Chapter Fifty-Four: "How a Resurrection Really Feels"
Season 3, Episode 9

Chapter Fifty-Four: "How a Resurrection Really Feels" Season 3, Episode 9

____

thomas was at the studio with nathan, "what do you mean you need money?" he asked, before sighing, "you know what? you're gonna rot in jail then, cause you're not getting another dime out of me,"

he ran his hand through his hair, "aren't you supposed to be in the studio right now?" thomas asked confused when he hears knocking onto the window seeing chris standing there, "i am,"

"i figured it would be better if i told you over the phone, now, just relax, i'm coming in," thomas moved his phone away from his ear ending the phone call.

"okay, here's the deal," thomas looked at chris, "you gave me the money, and i had the money, then i lost the money playing poker,"

thomas sighed as nathan looked at chris, "forget jail, call the morgue, i gave you $3,000," chris comes closer to thomas, "i can get it back, i talked to the guy i lost it to, i just need a ride, it's about 80 miles from here,"

"no way,"
"okay,"

chris looked at thomas, "i figured you would say that, too, and i guess it's cool, it's just that without the money, the studio won't release haley's masters," thomas sighed, "that's the not so cool part,"

"but, listen," thomas looked at chris, "you give me a ride, i'll get the money back, i promise," thomas ran his hand through his hair, "80 miles, you don't speak,"

"let's go,"
"sweet!"

thomas walked past chris, "road trip, tom! right? road trip," thomas walked out towards his car he was using at the moment.

____

thomas had one hand on the steering wheel and one of his head, as chris looked at him from the backseats as nathan sat in the passenger seat, "dude, we seriously need some tunes,"

chris pushed the cd in when thomas groaned, "no, don't! it's jammed, you idiot," thomas said looking at chris who leaned back onto his seats, "this isn't even my car, i'm fixing it for somebody,"

chris rolled his eyes, "oh, come on, what's a road trip without some road tunes?" thomas then pressed down onto the break turning the radio off turning to the backseats where chris sat, "you listen to me, this is not a road trip,"

"this is a business trip to fix your screwup," nathan said, "now, we get the money, we get haley's song, and if you're lucky, i won't rearrange your face,"

"fine,"

thomas started driving again as chris turned up the radio, "by the way, how's your poker game?" thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "why?"

"just that's how we're gonna get the money back, by playing poker," thomas then pressed down onto his breaks again with chris's head hitting the back of the passenger seat as his seatbelt saved him before coming back aganist his seat.