forty-nine

Chapter Forty-Nine: "An Attempt to Tip the Scales"
Season 3, Episode 4

Chapter Forty-Nine: "An Attempt to Tip the Scales" Season 3, Episode 4

____

thomas was in his house's driveway, playing basketball with his brother and uncle liam who were defending thomas, who dodged both of them laying the ball up before dunking it into the basketball hoop.

"okay, okay,"

liam smiled at his nephew, "that was a good shot," brooke comes towards them, "well, you're gonna make my job easy this year," thomas then turned to brooke who stood on the driveway, "there's nothing worse than cheering for a bunch of losers,"

thomas held the ball in his hands looking at his friend, "well, it's all about you, brooke," he said smiling, "what's up?"

brooke then looked at liam and elijah, "hi," liam and elijah looked to each other before looking at thomas, "we'll be inside," brooke smiled at them watching thomas's uncle and brother walk into the house.

"are you going to this masquerade party at tric tonight?"

thomas shrugged his shoulders, "i wasn't really planning on it, why?" brooke looked at him, "i figure it might be the perfect occasion to stop punishing your wife,"

thomas then looked down, "haley's really hurting, thomas," he looks down to the basketball in his hand, "i mean, come on, how hard would it be to stop by and smile at her and tell her she looks cute?"

thomas sighed, "it's harder than you think," she shrugged her shoulders, "she hasn't written a song since you guys split up, have you?" thomas ran a hand through his sweaty brunette hair about to say something when nothing came out of his mouth, "i guess both of your talents are tied to each other, no thomas or haley- thaley, then no music,"

thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "thaley?" brooke half smiled, "something i just came up with," thomas shakes his head, "did haley put you up to this?"

"no,"

brooke shakes her head, "but if i hear one more accidental cover of wind beneath my wings, i am going to slit my wrists so, please, thomas, do it for me," brooke touched the side of thomas's arms, "and besides,"

he looked away knowing brooke can easily convince him, "when i get through with her, she's gonna look hot as hell," she smirked, "you can trust me, i'm the devil,"

"i'll think about it,"
"okay,"

brooke then slapped his arm about to walk away when she stops, "and how is emily doing? i haven't spoken to her since—" thomas looked at brooke, "since you two broke up?"

brooke makes a sad face, "look thomas-" he looked at brooke, "i know that she's going tonight to the party, so maybe you'll see her there and you two can talk things out, because i know soon enough you two will be back together,"