eight

Chapter Eight: "The Search for Something More"
Season 1, Episode 8

Chapter Eight: "The Search for Something More" Season 1, Episode 8

____

thomas walls into the music shop with emily and elijah when he sees both haley and lucas, "uh, can i have a second?" both emily and elijah nod their heads at their brother, "yeah.."

elijah and emily walked towards some cds when haley looked at lucas, "what's he doing here?" lucas sighed, "i invited him,"

haley made a unbelievable face to lucas, "what why?" lucas sighed, "because i haven't spoken to him since the annual party thing and neither have you,"

lucas looked at thomas, "hey tom," thomas gave lucas a small smile, "um, thanks for inviting me," lucas nods his head as he walked away from them, "i called your home phone,"

haley didn't face thomas, "your mom answered and she told me you'd be here with lucas," haley looked down, "crap, i should lie to her next time and be a jerk to her,"

thomas frowned, "look, i didn't know you put that in the box until brooke read that note, okay?" he sighed, "i didn't even know there was a note until later,"

thomas looked at haley when she made eye contact with him, "i wouldn't do that to you," thomas had his hands in his new letterman jacket, "okay,"

"haley, i know you're still mad at me," thomas sighed, "i don't want to be a jerk or a jackass to you, okay?" thomas looked at haley, "you're my best friend, and i don't wanna fight with you,"

haley looked at thomas, "we're still not cool," thomas frowned, "but you believe me, right?" haley nods her head, "yeah, i believe you're sorry,"

thomas made a face, "then what am i doing here if we aren't gonna make up?" haley looked at thomas, "this whole tutoring, hanging out, whatever it is, thing.. it's just a bad idea, i'm done, i'm just done,"

haley walked away from thomas who just let out a breath, "so what? you're just gonna throw away 14 years of a friendship because of something brooke said,"

haley looked at thomas, "no, i'm not doing this right now thomas, and that thing brooke said was true, you are a jerk," thomas now frowned watching as haley walk away, "great.."

thomas just takes off his letterman jacket coming towards his siblings, "i'm just gonna go to karen's cafe, okay?" emily and elijah nod their heads watching their big brother walk out of the music store.

thomas walls towards karen's cafe in just a black t-shirt when he opens the door coming just for karen, "oh hi thomas," thomas frowned at karen, "i'm quitting,"

karen opened and closed her mouth, "wait, what?" thomas shook his head, "i just can't work here when haley's mad at me," he gulped, "so i'm just gonna ask my mom if i can work in her cafe, and i'll just stay out of haley's way,"