seventy-six

Chapter Seventy-Six: "Some You Give Away"
Season 4, Episode 9

Chapter Seventy-Six: "Some You Give Away" Season 4, Episode 9

_____

thomas and lucas played at the basketball hoop at the rivercourt, "you look like crap," nathan stated coming towards thomas and lucas, "yeah," lucas looked at them, "we're just been dealing with some stuff, you know?"

thomas ran his hand through his hair, "besides, we're way too wired to sleep," lucas looked at nathan, "i mean, you realise that in less then twenty four hours, we're gonna be state champs?"

"i don't think so,"

lucas furrowed his eyebrows at his two best friends, "what?" thomas rubbed the back of his neck, "come on, man, it's you, me, lucas, skills and ryan," lucas hits their stomach, "no way pontiac beat us, you know?"

"we can't win it, luke," thomas said to his best friend, "we're not going to," lucas makes a face, "i needed the money, okay?"

lucas angrily throws thomas's basketball, "you said it was over, that it was just one game!" thomas looked at lucas, "it was just one game, they said it was just one game, okay?"

he looked at lucas, "but now we have to lose, okay?" lucas looked at his best friends, "what are you guys talking about?"

"this is whitey's last game ever!" lucas looked at them, "he's been chasing this dream for thirty five years," thomas rubbed at his neck nervously, "what about whitey?"

"or mouth? or skills, with college?!"

thomas and nathan make faces, "what about me, guys?" thomas runs his hand through his hair, "this is the last game i'll ever play,"

"we're sorry," thomas said to his best friend, "you know," thomas grabbed his basketball from the floor, "the night before i joined the team, we battled each other on this court,"

lucas looked at them, "i guess we'll be doing the same thing tomorrow," nathan looked at lucas, "luke, you only play fifteen minutes a game, you can't change this,"

"but i can try,"

thomas gulped knowing one way or another, something is gonna happen to him and nathan, "and i hated you that night we played," lucas walked closer to them, "i thought you changed, but i guess i was wrong,"

lucas then looked to his childhood best friend, "i guess i was wrong about you too," thomas frowned as lucas walked away from them.

____

rachel sat in the tutor centre with haley, "no, when the boy buys the balloon, it's a total volume of one cubic foot," haley said tutoring rachel, "so if he blows up the balloon at a rate of 0.1 cubic feet per minute,"

rachel didn't look at haley, "how fast is the radius of the balloon increasing when he only blows it up halfway?" haley asked rachel who looked bored.