ninety-seven

Chapter Ninety-Seven: "For Tonight You're Only Here to Know"
Season 5, Episode 9

Chapter Ninety-Seven: "For Tonight You're Only Here to Know" Season 5, Episode 9

_____

thomas comes towards his wife in his suit, who was sorting out herself in their bedroom mirror, "hey, sorry," her eyes ranked over her husband's body, "i'll just be one more minute,"

she hadn't seen her husband in a suit since their senior years when thomas had basketball games, "i've never seen jaden and aurora so keyed-up," thomas smiled, "they're so excited about this game,"

thomas looked at his beautiful wife hearing haley chuckle, "everything all right?" haley asked her husband seeing the look he was giving her, "i have to tell you something, it's about carrie,"

haley furrowed her eyebrows at him, "i should probably be the one to tell her," haley turned her head seeing carrie standing at the doorframe of her and thomas's bedroom.

thomas turned to look at carrie, "i have to give my two week's notice," haley furrowed her eyebrows, "why?" thomas looked at her, "because i got accepted to a graduate program that i thought i couldn't afford, but i got a uh, last minute scholarship offer, and i think i have to take it,"

haley smiled at carrie, "well, of course you do, congratulations," she starts to come towards carrie, "we're gonna miss you, i hope jaden and aurora don't take it too hard,"

thomas's wife hugged carrie who looked over haley's shoulder at thomas smirking as he wore a suit, "yeah, i'm gonna miss you, too," carrie stated rubbing haley's back, looking over to thomas, "more than you know,"

she bit onto her lip smiling at thomas who looked away guilty from carrie, down to his hands.

____

"hey luke, tom,"

marvin mcfadden comes into one of his best friend's office seeing lucas and thomas sitting there, "you guys uh working on the game plan?"

thomas didn't look away from his hands, "actually, uh, we were thinking about keith and finn, wishing they were here, you know?"

mouth takes out a picture from his pocket where thomas turn his head facing his friend, "i've been thinking about jimmy all week," thomas frowned, "what i wouldn't give to trade this day for that one,"

he sets the picture of him and jimmy onto lucas's desk where thomas ran a hand through his hair, "i see they took dan and austin's jerseys down in the gym, i'm glad,"

thomas nods his head at what mouth said looking to the picture of jimmy and mouth, "jimmy'd be proud of you,"

mouth looked at his friends, "thanks, you too," thomas stands up from the chair, "good luck, guys," they half smiled, "thanks, mouth, you too,"

thomas looked at them, "i'll walk with you mouth, i need to go into the locker room to see what quentin and charlie are doing to my kids," lucas and mouth smiled at the mention of thomas's and haley's beautiful twins.