eighty-seven

Chapter Eighty-Seven: "The Birth and Death of the Day"
Season 4, Episode 20

Chapter Eighty-Seven: "The Birth and Death of the Day" Season 4, Episode 20

_____

thomas shot behind his brother towards the wall, "get out," austin looked at his brother, "thomas, this is my house and she could lose my baby,"

thomas stepped closer to his brother, "i missed on purpose, however i will not miss again," austin looked at his brother, "you're making a terrible mistake,"

thomas get looked at him, "get out," austin looked down to his girlfriend's body before getting out of his house as thomas comes towards mellisa's body, "mel, it's okay, i'm gonna get you some help, okay? it's gonna be okay,"

he comes out of his brother's house calling 991 for an ambulance where he calls anonymously as he hides the gun in his car coming towards his and his wife's apartment with the healthy takeaway food bag in hand.

____

"we're gonna be okay," thomas sighed, "i know, this day just came earlier than i thought it would," haley let's out a breath, "what, graduation?"

thomas shook his head, "no," haley turned to face her husband, "the day i realised i was never gonna play again," haley frowned, "i called every school that showed interest in me as a player, nobody wants a point-shaver,"

haley sighed at her husband, when thomas's phone rings in his pocket as the two of them go to the hospital where austin wasn't at.

"hey,"

they see lucas sitting by himself after thomas called his best friend telling lucas everything that happened with austin and mellisa, "how's karen and mellisa? what are they saying?"

lucas looked at them, "my mom is unconscious and has something called eclampsia," thomas nods his head, "what about mellisa m? is she okay?" lucas looked at his friend, "she's conscious, she was asking for you,"

thomas nods his head at his best friend patting his back coming past them, coming into mellisa's hospital room, "mel?"

mellisa turned to face thomas who had a sad look on his face, "hey," he closed the door behind him, "look, i never meant for you to be involved with this, this is my and austin's problem,"

mellisa nods her head, "i know, i just wanted to see how you were doing," he sat at the side of his bed.

____

"hey hales, do you mind giving me and thomas a moment to talk?" deb comes into the room, "yeah, i'll uh, go and get us some coffee,"

thomas half smiled at his wife as mellisa was passed out from the drugs the doctor gave her, when the door closed, deb's hand comes across thomas's cheek, "ow! what are you, on drugs again?"

deb looked at thomas seriously, "are you?" she stated at him, "cause there's a bullet hole in the wall of your brother's house, thomas," thomas looked at nathan's mother, "nearby, i found a shell casing from a nine mm handgun,"