Good Changes 🇺🇸

Hi! I'm Sierra and I am from USA 🇺🇸 and THIS IS MY STORY.

Years ago, a baby was born. Her name was based off the color of her eyes. She grew up in South of a small town in California. Many people thought she would grow up to be just like her mother, but they were wrong.

Growing up, she made memories that she could never forget. Some good, some bad. Most of the memories were with family and friends, but that's not what this story is about. This story is about her journey to finding the best band (in her opinion) BTS, and how she has come to love herself more.

Back when she was 8, she started becoming lost and didn't know who she was. Her best friend had introduced her to something truly amazing, anime. She told her family about it, but they brushed it off as "just a phase." She stayed away from it for years just so she could fit in. She tried so hard to stay away that as she got older, she drifted away from everyone.

At the age of 9 she watched a video of a YouTuber reacting to a couple of BTS's songs, including "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" and "Fire." She didn't want to get caught watching something that would make an impact on how her family would see her, so she skipped the video. A couple months later, her cousin came to her and told her to sit and watch something with her. It was one of BTS's MVs. Her parents were laughing with the rest of the family so she watched with her. Her brain didn't really process much from the video so she soon forgot about it.

Years later when she was 13, she was up late at night, scrolling through YouTube in search for a funny video or some music to listen to. One video really caught her attention because of all the bright flowy colors. She clicked on it to find the viral hit, "Dynamite." Her jaw dropped because of how perfectly they pulled everything off. They had the choreography in sync and each and every one of their voices were beautiful.

Throughout the many years of searching, even though it was right under her nose the entire time, she had finally found the place for her.

Listening to their music makes her want to start the day with a happy attitude and show her true colors. For years on end she was stuck in the stereotype of being the perfect daughter.

Some people would think that it's a good thing to be in that category, but if you were in their shoes, you wouldn't like it for too long. When you're in this category, your limited to what you like or what you want to do. Your mother throws childish clothes at you and expects you to like them and the rest of your family goes along with it. At first she was really uncomfortable with telling her parents about K-pop and anime but once she did, her parents went along with it. Now she can pick her own clothes, her own style, and she has a say in things.

Becoming an ARMY was the best decision of her life because without BTS, she would have never started talking to people again, she would have never stopped crying at night, and she would have never been able to ever live a day without being the laughing stalk of her school.

This is the story of how I became the confident girl I am today. 6/18/21.

I hope one day this message reaches the members of BTS and they can see what they have done for me and for tons of Army's out there.

Thank you BTS for showing me how to love myself and be able to laugh again. I purple you.

ARMY for life!