7 Angels 🇸🇬

Hi! I'm Tricia and I am from Singapore 🇸🇬 and THIS IS MY STORY.

Hi, BTS!! First of all, Happy Belated 8th Birthday to you. You have gone through so much hustle and where you are today is what you have worked hard for. I would like to say thank you for not giving up back then.

I am Tricia, I am 17 and I live in Singapore. I have always supported BTS since their debut days and I did not regret supporting them after so long. They have inspired me in different ways and I have also learned a lot from them. I remembered vividly that when I was at the age of 12, I was facing suicidal thoughts because of the overwhelming stress coming from school, family, and others.

And on top of that, I lost one of my main pillars of support to cancer when I was at the age of 6 or 7. She was just like my second mom who taught me many things from a young age. Because of her death, I was badly affected till these days and it also caused me to change to a completely different type of person. I became a cold and quiet person who was hurting my parents at the same time. During that period, I did not realize that the death was affecting them as much as it was affecting me.

Fast forward to when I was at the age of 14, I have changed again and this time, I have hurt my parents heart as I picked up the habit of self-harming as well as smoking to relieve the stress that was with me 2 years ago and things got so serious that I was admitted to the hospital. I also learned how to lie about my emotions to everyone after losing my best friend and when I was wrongly accused of.

So, how did BTS help me? I was watching videos on Youtube when I saw this compilation video made by one of the ARMY and while watching it, I started smiling and laughing and I was shocked that it was the first time after so long of isolating myself in a dark place.

As the days go by, I found myself watching BTS-related videos when I am feeling down or feeling any negative vibes. I remembered Namjoon once said: "I think the biggest love is the love for oneself, so if you want to love others, you should love yourself first." And ever since he said that this quote has been the reason why I decided to go back to my old happy self and start loving myself before loving my loved ones.

BTS has helped me to not only find my old self back but also the meaning of loving myself and happiness. I am grateful to know BTS as someone who wants to hear about ARMY's life and treat us like their friend/family. Despite the pandemic last year, BTS has made content for ARMY to watch while staying at home.

I am still healing from my past and BTS has never failed to let me fall back down to where I first started. Every day I will pick a quote said by one of the members from my healing box and that quote will always be a question to myself every night before I go to bed. On those days when I cannot answer the question, I will reflect on the journey BTS has gone through and I will understand that everyone suffers in their life. There are many sad days. But rather than sad days, I should hope to have better days. That's what makes us live. That's what makes us dream.

I wish that I can end my healing process as soon as possible with the new me who knows how to love herself as well as love her loved ones. Therefore, when someone asked me if I have to choose between something and BTS, I would always pick BTS as they were the ones who helped me throughout my healing process and the ones who taught me how to love myself.

Without BTS, I might not be living in this beautiful world anymore. So I would like to thank BTS for appearing in my life as the angels sent down by my late aunt.