Miss 🇺🇸

Hi! I'm Karis and I am from USA 🇺🇸 and THIS IS MY STORY.

I grew up in a very strict household with my future planned for me at a young age. About my freshman year of high school I made some really bad choices and my parents found out. I wasn't allowed to leave my house or have any social media, I wasn't allowed to have any conversations with my friends without my mother being there. This was the start of my depression and anxiety.

All through high school I told my parents I wasn't going to do what they had planned for me, because I wanted something different. They finally broke and let me do what I wanted, but by that time I was no longer the happy and self loving girl I use to be. When I turned 20 I was in a very dark place, I tried taking my life and in the end I couldn't go through with it, I now have a scar down the middle of my chest. I was never happy and I hated myself and who I was.

That same year BTS came out with the song Save Me. My best friend had recommended me listen to another Kpop group, and as I was scrolling through artist BTS came up. I clicked on them just to see what they had, and little did I know the first song I listened to had me in tears (Save Me). Right after I heard I instantly went and listened to the rest of their music and fell in love with them.

After all these years, they have taught me that life matters and I should love who I am and what I have become. They brought me out of my dark pit of depression when nothing else could. They stopped me from having thoughts of suicide. They Saved Me, and I could never thank them enough.

I honestly believe I was suppose to find them when I did.