BTS : How They Became My World 🇳🇱

Hi! I'm Iyon and I am from Netherlands 🇳🇱 and THIS IS MY STORY.

One of my best friend's couldn't stop talking about BTS. So, around 20 September, I searched them up on YouTube. The first track played, was dynamite. I was totally in love with the song. I listened it a few times in a row, and then the next song came. It was Spring day. I turned on the captions in English, and I was crying when the song was over.

That was the moment that I knew BTS wasn't going to be "just a band with music I liked". I immediately texted my bestie about it, and she was so excited to learn me about them. She helped me to remember their names, faces, everything. Every break at school, we were listening to BTS and I was already trying to learn who was singing. And then, we were watching some beatiful moment videos. I was crying, and at the same time I was happy that I searched them up. I listened to them when I could. For every situation I could find a playlist.

I was very interested, and watched some concert clips. That was in November. I knew that if they would play in my country, I was going to their concert. From that moment I started saving money.
Now, I am crying. Because if covid they couldn't make a concert, and I was too late for their online concert.

BTS also changed my life completely. Before them, I was pretty shy, and always introverted. Now I am more outgoing, thinking out of the box, energetic almost all the time. A different person. Even my look was different. I was wearing different clothes, and my make up style changed.

My parents are very supportive about me liking BTS, but they don't like it very much. Maybe it's because I am playing BTS music all the day. But still they accept that I like them. And I am happy about that.
My brother otherwise really dislike them, and every time I am playing BTS music or talking about them, he is finding an excuse to don't listen. I am very sad about that.

Today, I know that I will never stop being an ARMY. I just know that. They have brought me so many things, more friends, more happiness, music to comfort me when I am feeling alone. I love BTS so much. Really I just can't live without them anymore.

Once I challenged myself to have one day without BTS things, and that day was the saddest day of my life. I couldn't watch tiktok, YouTube or any social media, because BTS was completely everywhere. The next day, I was so happy that the challenge was over and I immediately started playing BTS music.

I am really happy I met their music, and I hope that one day I will see them in real life.