Magic Within The Shop 🇺🇸

Hi! I'm Jurnee and I am from USA 🇺🇸 and THIS IS MY STORY.

Well, it all started in about 2017 or 2018, when one of my cousins taught me and my siblings about Kpop. Specifically BTS and Got7. I never really cared for it at first, until my older brother began to listen to it. I got hooked when my brother played DNA for me for the first time, and that's when I began to stan them. My bias is Jungkook and has been since I began to love them, and he is just so precious to me as the other members are as well.

BTS is one of my number 1 safe places as well as the other groups I listen to. They hold a special place in my heart since they were the first, and they still help me to this day. Some background info, I am a 15 year old girl who is the middle child of 2 boys (plus one half brother), and grew up alone. I had no friends up until middle school so 5th and 6th grade, when I finally met a group of people that I fit in with. I had been going through a lot before the day I met my group. For example when I was 9 my mom and dad split up. For some people it's not a big deal, but I get terrible flashbacks from that day.

I was stuck in my older brothers room with nowhere to go since my parents were yelling and arguing outside. We didn't eat anything that day cause they were so immersed. I remember when I stepped out to go to the bathroom and saw my parents pushing each other, that vision will never leave my mind. That day just caused so many more problems for me and my family.

My dad attempted to kidnap my mom and leave her in a different state to take me and my siblings, he has charges against my mother for domestic violence, and so much more. Then my mom got a new boyfriend who mentally abused me and my family including my mom for 4 years. I lost so much of myself in those 4 years due to that man. He never touched me, but he still did his damage.

I have no self esteem, no self confidence, and I also struggle with abandonment issues as well as social anxiety, middle child syndrome, trust issues, and so much more. I have problems with asking for help with fear of being judged, yelled at, or being wrong, and I hate confrontation. I used to be a pretty happy kid, but growing up alone plus the mental abuse just tipped me off the edge, and now, I might be struggling with depression.

Throughout all of this though plus my problems I have now, BTS and just Kpop in general has been the one thing that's feel like I belong in. I feel like an outsider around family and friends, but I actually feel like I have a place in BTS's world. They mean so much to me it's not even funny.

My favorite comfort song is Magic shop. I listen to it every time I need reassurance that I'm gonna be okay and that I'm not alone.

I want to thank Jin for not giving up on himself even through the hate he has gotten pre and after debut. I want to thank Namjoon for being so open with us and our broken hearts. I want to thank Yoongi for being here even after all that he has gone through. I want to thank Hobi for being so bright and loving even when things got hard for him. I want to thank Jimin for getting through his weight problems (you're beautiful no matter what you look like!) and being the sweetest human being I've ever seen. I want to thank Tae for being such a calming and relaxing soul for us to rely on for relaxation but also a figure of dorkiness, and lastly, I want to thank Kookie, for being such a precious person to me, giving all of us a place to just let go and have a little fun.

I want to thank BTS for being in my life and giving me a family that I'll never meet but I know loves me. I'm trying to stay strong for you, and I'll definitely try not to hurt myself ever again. Thank you.