My Great Little Miracle 🇮🇹

Hi! I'm Simona and I am from Italy 🇮🇹 and THIS IS MY STORY.

I'm 21 years old and I come from Italy. I don't remember much of my childhood. I've never had one. My memories begin with my parents' divorce. I was 9 when it happened and I will never forget the sight of the police in my house trying to stop my father from beating my sister.

I come from an economically unfortunate family and this has led me to always be made fun of both for how I dressed, for my hair, for my glasses and for being a mulatto in skin. Grades in school have never been a problem, but my social life was. I've always tried to make myself useful to people so that I couldn't feel alone or left out and very often people have taken advantage of me, but I still couldn't stop helping.

My life has degenerated exponentially during this quarantine. I have never minded being at home, quite the contrary. But when my dad lost his job and we found ourselves close to losing everything, I wanted to go out to find ways to help but couldn't. I was tired.

Stressed. I just wanted some peace.

So one day in late September 2020 I went to the bathroom, took a razor blade and cut myself. This continued for a while until one day I found a video on youtube, a carpool of these 7 Korean guys, beautiful as the sun and with an enviable from all over the world smile.

I thought that I too wanted to smile again like that and I became interested in them as never with anyone. I started seeing interviews, dance practices, listening to their songs. And I found in them a comfort that I had never found before.

They lifted me from the abyss I had ended up in, they took me to the line and then they made me fly.

If my parents still have me alive with them, they owe it only to these 7 guys who every day give me the strength to get up and accept everything both inside and outside of me.

They are my great little miracle. And maybe I haven't been there forever and I regret it, but I'll be there forever and here and now I promise.