Lae's Story 🇺🇸

Hi! I'm Etrivilae and I am from USA 🇺🇸 and THIS IS MY STORY.

I became an ARMY on January 28, 2020.
It was right before the U.S went into quarantine. I remember I was sitting in my room, being bored, scrolling through YouTube trying to find a K-drama fmv to watch. I started watching K-Dramas a few months before I got into BTS. They were the first Kpop group I got into. As I was scrolling through YouTube trying to find something to watch, a video of them from the carpool karaoke with James Corden came up. I wanted to see why they were so popular, so I clicked on the video. While watching the video, I was laughing so hard. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Before I stumbled upon them, I had a hard time with my family, school, friends and myself. I would try and distance myself from everyone. I would cry myself to sleep because I had a bad day or I was just really stressed. Even after I got into Kpop, I would still do the same things. It just got better I guess.
I forgot to mention that before I got into Kpop, I was so insecure about myself. I would hate the way I looked, and thought that everything was my fault (even though they weren't). Sometimes my family would make it worse by commenting rude things about me. Like, "your so ugly." Or "you're useless." Or stuff like that. And like most Kpop stans, after getting into Kpop, things got better for me. I was happier and much more cheerful.

My cousins and other family members would make fun of me for me liking Kpop. So when people asked what kind of music I listen to, I would hesitate and tell them not to judge me or make fun of me before telling them I like Kpop. Even after that, sometimes they would ignore me or slowly drift away.

My sister was the first one to find out. At first she would side with my cousins, but after seeing me so happy while listening to them, she didn't seem to care and would try and listen to kpop to try and understand me. She bought me a BTS poster for my birthday this year. For Christmas, my mom and one of my older sisters bought me the "BE" album.

I was so happy that I almost cried. I mean I did basically beg them to buy it for me. I didn't expect them to do it though. My cousins would take every chance they have to make fun of the kpop idols that I like just to get on my nerves.

Sometimes, when I have hard times, listening to Kpop didn't always help, so I would just write notes down and cry. I couldn't really scream or show my emotions. So I just cry at night.

Things are getting better for me. I've found some friends that help me with my problems. They are also kpop stans so they understand me much better. We go to each other when we want to talk about anything. If it's to fan girl over kpop idols or talk about our problems. Really we talk about anything. And we always understand each other. Which I'm grateful for.

So in short, Kpop has helped me a lot.

If they get to read this:
I just want to say, thanks BTS for everything you guys have done for your fans. You guys work so hard to satisfy your fans, but sometimes we just don't know what we can do to repay you guys.

I really hope you guys are doing well and staying healthy. Please don't overwork yourselves and take rests too. I hope you know that is fans will always be by your side and have your backs. We love you guys so much! I really hope there was a better word than love, but I really love you guys. Thanks again!

But no matter what, God is the one who saved us all by bringing these amazing people on this messed up world to help people out.