No More Running Away 🇨🇭

Hi! I'm Anouk and I am from Switzerland 🇨🇭 and THIS IS MY STORY.

As a child I had to go to school despite the fact that I was younger than everyone. "You are too smart to go to kindergarten", they said. Without asking me, if I wanted to continue to live my childhood for one more year. In primary school I had a hard time finding friends. No one wanted to spend time with me except a few kids. But I never felt save with them.

I ran home from school and my parents had to force me to go again. In fact I was bored and scared. Time passed and I never had anyone I could really trust. In the breaks I usually talked to a younger girl, till one day she didn't come back from vacation. She went to heaven. Alone again I tried my best to fit in, but because of that the real me slowly faded. Only while dancing I could be me. My dance classes helped me relieving stress.

With the start of 7th grade I thought the real life would finally start. Growing up I was insecure and just hoped I'd finally find friends that made me feel less that way. But all that I got was the death of my godfather, which lead to the complete destruction of all my dreams I had. After a half year the friends that helped me in the beginning turned away from me and I never talked to them again.

I kept struggling and slowly drowning in the sadness and fear. Until Spotify decided to play a song from seven korean guys. I listened to the soft melody and the strong rap parts. Only the sounds already made me tear up. After that I've decided to read the lyrics and as soon as I started reading, tears kept streaming down my face. " I miss you", they said. I missed him. He was my best friend. I felt important around him. I felt save.

And as I kept on listening tot heir music, reading the lyrics and hearing their speeches I stopped feeling lonely. In school a girl started talking about K-pop but no one was interested, except me. And as we continued talking, we became friends. We grew closer but then I changed to a Gymnasium, aiming for an University.

I was scared I'd lose her, but I didn't. And on top of that I found even more friends. In handball my coach listened to K-pop too and her daughter became a close friend too. For one year everything went well. My grades were good, in my free time I went dancing with my friends and I was happy.

While listening to K-pop I found so many groups I loved. And talking of love, I fell in love with a girl in my class. We became a couple and I thought everything will be fine. He went to a mental hospital and was diagnosed with depression. My grades dropped, my mental health did too. But again, now hundreds of talented people, BTS 7 of them, help me find my way.

I'm still trying to find my way but I'm not alone and I'm not just running away. I don't need to run away anymore, I'm not alone.