You Never Walk Alone 🇬🇧

Hi! I'm Aisha and I am from the United Kingdom 🇬🇧 and THIS IS MY STORY.

I know a lot of people say that they found BTS in their dark times but I believe it's the opposite. BTS found us in 2016, I was at my lowest. The pressure from my parents, exams at such an early age and no motivation to eat had started getting to me. I wanted to end it all but I knew I couldn't. I didn't want to die. I just wanted that dark part of my life to die.

My family didn't know anything about my life and they still don't. The knowledge that things would never be the same again weighed heavy on my mind and I sank into a depression so intense, I couldn't bring myself to leave my bed most days. The few friends I had tried cheering me up and it was no use cause I felt like my whole life I would be trying to survive and fight the dark alone.

Then, my friend showed me BTS. She showed me their dance she had learned and she looked so happy. I remember 'blood swear and tears' coming up in my YouTube recommendations, and clicking on it kind of changed my life forever.

It was just these 7 boys who were happy together. I then started watching run BTS and that's when I knew that I was the happiest in those days. In 2017 I was much more happier, even my family noticed. I didn't want this to go away. I started finding happiness in the little things I used to do and it was all because of them.

It's important to understand BTS are not an instant remedy; they're a catalyst in the process of facing yourself. They push you towards your own journey of self-discovery and resolution instead of handing it to you on a platter.

In the past few years I know that BTS is still disliked by a lot of people, and I have heard a lot of racist and mean comments about them, also people making fun out of me for being an ARMY. But as I grow with BTS and learn more about their positivity, I know my relationship can only be defined by me. My connection with them is mine alone. I don't care what others say about them. I know when the time comes they maybe too will understand that they saved me.

BTS reminds me that I'm not alone. It lies in the honesty of their lyrics and relationship with ARMYs.

I'm happy to say BTS helped me get myself together when I had no one. They brought the sweetener in my life and I will forever stick with them just the way they are there for me.

I am not the first. I am not the last. May their saga never end. Let's all stay forever young and ARMYs till the end. Borahae.