Chapter 18

Lucci's P.O.V
*Flashback*
Lucci had been gone for a mission and was just getting to the island where Luna and the Red Haired Pirates along with his old team were all staying and last he heard CP9 were training Luna who was a quick study.

Lucci followed Luna's vivre card to her location and saw all the people together watching a fight happening on the beach. He walked over to Shanks who turned and faced him.

"Who's fighting Luna?" He watched trying to see her opponent only then did he notice that Hawkeyes was also among the group watching.

Shanks chuckled currently sober since he had been training Luna on her sword with Kaku. "It's currently Kaku; they've been fighting like this for around an hour now. He was curious to see how long she could stand fighting against him."

Mihawk had been watching Lucci curiously before looking towards Luna who had a fresh tattoo and smirked. "Your the mate that she's talked about; heh good luck with her. Her nakama are very protective of her and their captain; Zoro's actions showed me that when he tried to get to them both no matter what which he failed. But when Luffy showed them to wait two years; Zoro put his pride aside and begged for me to train him."

Lucci chuckled. "That crew is faithful to one another; they have shown they trust each other with their lives. Fighting them at Enies Lobby; no when they docked we threatened Nico Robin she broke away and..."

"They followed the Iron rule of us pirates; no one can leave their crew without the permission of their captain and without a good reason. Luffy and Luna live strongly by the rules of the pirates." Shanks spoke as he saw Kaku go flying into the beach and he chuckled softly. "Luna! Kaku come rest you two captains orders!"

Luna nodded her head putting her blade away and moved helping Kaku to his feet talking with him happily and they walked over to the group and she froze before smiling happily seeing Lucci.

Lucci smiled happily and chuckled when Luna came over and cuddled into him he held her gently close. "Been training hard while I was gone?"

Luna looked up happily. "Of course; and when I'm not training then I'm helping out with chores on the ship. So what's going on in the world?"

"About the same; people thinking your crew is dead so we have fakes popping up. Black Beard has been quiet for awhile which has me wondering where he is, Kidd Pirates have been raising hell, Trafalgar Law has also gone quiet the past few weeks we don't know where he is." Law removed his jacket and leaned against a tree speaking so everyone heard.

Luna thought. "Knowing Kidd he's probably planning something I mean it's no secret he's after an emperor after his attack on Shanks, Law is also up to something that man I think he wanted to be war lord but I don't think it will be for long."

Mihawk and Shanks looked at one another they both had the same idea that the younger generation was getting ready to make a major change in the future. Mihawk looked to Luna who he could see was deep in thought before he spoke up.

"Tell me Luna; if you were in either of their shoes how would you go about if taking out an emperor?" Mihawk looked to Luna seriously.

Luna's P.O.V
Luna looked up she had been thinking while enjoying cuddling Lucci till she heard Mihawk speak to her and she hummed softly.

"Emperor's are stronger in many ways then the rest of us pirates, Warlords would be the next strongest people and then the rest of us. As we've seen the past year and half since many of us pirates started making names for ourselves we have been getting stronger in leaps and bounds; even so we would be a foolish to go against an emperor alone. I would say if I was Kidd and Law I would be finding the strongest crew or crews that I could trust to help me." I stopped thinking back to Sabaody and a smile came on my face having a feeling.

Lucci had been listening to my mind and he chuckled hearing what I thought and I knew that he agreed. He leaned down and purred nuzzling me as I closed my eyes.

"What did you think of Luna?" Ben spoke from where he was sitting near by.

"Well at Sabody Archipelago there were three captains that were able to fight together with no problem. Law, Kidd and Luffy had a rhythm that many other captains would struggle to do. I mean eventually my crew is also going to want to go after an emperor because we have to prove that we're worthy enough to be back in Shanks presence."

Shanks chuckled from his spot that he had chosen to sit down near Mihawk and Kaku had gone into the shade to rest. Shanks thought about Luffy before looking to me. "It's hard to believe how long it's been since we met Luna."

"Yeah it has; time went by quickly didn't it? It only feels like yesterday that we met but... I'm glad that you saved me that day. I got a chance to have a family again, I got the best friends I could ever ask for, someone I love and that loves me. From the time I got to Dawn Island up till now has been one hell of an adventure I can't wait to see what the future holds." I spoke happily as myself and Lucci also sat in the shade and both had gotten ourselves drinks.

Mihawk listened curiously before he spoke up. "Dawn Island; if I recall there was half of the island or part that was called Grey Terminal. Around a dozen or so years ago it was burnt to the ground what happened?"

I frowned remembering that day and felt Lucci tense and pull me close to him when he sensed that I was upset.

"Where to start? Well I guess...it started when a lord was looking for his son. That boy is someone that is my brother and in the revolutionary army; Sabo was one of them. He was royalty but hated it with a passion; he wanted to be free so he ran and his further on the island. He had befriended Ace before myself and Luffy ever met either boy; by the time we met them I had gotten curious with Luffy when Ace vanished and we followed him or more like I did without getting caught and I saw Ace meeting this blonde haired boy and they were working for a pirate that had been hiding on that side of the island. Luffy and I worked hard to befriend both boys that was a challenge but we became friends when...when Luffy had been caught and was beaten within an inch of his life." I had my fists gripped tightly that my knuckles had turned white as I remembered the past.

Lucci nuzzled me trying to calm me which it was working as I looked to him seeing the worry in his eyes. No one could read Lucci like I could; maybe it was the bond or the time we had been spending together lately but all I knew was that we knew one another without needing words.

"After we became friends we then chose to become siblings; Sabo's father hired that pirate and they caught me, Ace and Luffy tied us in a shack as Sabo's father had found him. As the pirates left they set the hut a blaze with us in it. Thankfully myself and Ace got us three free but...it wasn't quick enough as we saw Sabo's raft get shot by a cannon with him on it. It wasn't till after I started talking to Lucci did I find out that Sabo was alive; then at Dressrosa he told myself and Luffy that he didn't remember us till he saw Ace's picture in the newspaper. Now I talk to him the odd time; to reassure him that I'm alive and Reyleigh let him know that Luffy is alive it's how I know that my crew and brothers are alright."

Mihawk had listened before a chuckle was heard from Shanks and looked to him seriously as Shanks spoke.

"Fate has a sick sense of humour; it can give us people that mean the world and just as quickly it can take that all away. Wether those we care for are dead or alive I wander which is more torture for loved ones." Shanks spoke seriously.

I bit my lip thinking. "Being alive...think about it; when we pass on we know in our hearts we'll never seen them again. If their alive and we know it but can see or talk to them even if you are or were close; it can eat away at us and make us remember what we once had. Sometimes those friends move on in life leaving us behind...people who knew everything about each other are all of a sudden strangers with old ties."