Chapter 60

Lucci's P.O.V
Lucci felt the moment that Luna dropped her guard and took it; he could tell someone had took her focus from the mental barrier between them to give him a chance to get in to talk to Luna. He could feel how tired she was an it worried him once he connected mentally to her and felt that she was irritated.

"Don't do that Luna; don't block me from you please my kitten. I heard that they defeated Drake I know it upset you greatly." Lucci was trying to get Luna to relax and listen but that's when he noticed that she was blocking her emotions from him. "Talk to me please Luna; talk or I'll be there quicker then anything else. Is this over Nico? I have my orders and I have to listen to keep both of us safe."

"That's the thing Lucci; I told you to back off from her or someone was going to get hurt. Anything that happens to them will be on your shoulders, and now my bounty will increase greatly due to Kade dying when he fought me. You know if they spot you anywhere near me then it could end your career I won't let you do that Lucci...I love you and you know that but my crew has to come first and that includes Robin. I'm done holding back on who I am; I'm the mercenary of the StrawHat pirates and of blood is drawn it will be on my hands. If any of those marines try to come after or touch that island then it will be us you answer too; we're not going to hold back and I sure as the hell won't show mercy anymore." Luna shoved him out again and blocked the bond tighter this time.

Lucci cursed as he tried again and he got up walking to the window in his room and sat on the windowsill trying to think of a way that he could keep Luna and him together. He thought back to when they had first met and remembered what he told Luna in Alabaster...that if he had too he would quit his job for she was his life now.

He frowned when he heard a commotion and he took off heading outside and frowned surprised when he saw what looked like the shape of a huge elephant moving through the mist that had settled itself over the sea's and it was blocking the entire fleet.

He went to call Luna when he had an idea and looked to Kaku. "Cut my arm; just enough I need to get Luna's attention."

Kaku looked to him shocked but nodded his head. "Alright." He waited till Lucci had rolled his jacket sleeve up enough and left a cut across Lucci's arm as blood started running.

Lucci held back the flinch and growl when he felt Luna's barrier drop and he felt her worry. 'I'm alright my love; I needed to get your attention somehow. We have a problem here."

Luna hesitated when she had felt a tingling sensation on her arm she knew Lucci got hurt and couldn't help but to check on him. When he told her that there was a problem she bit her lip not knowing what to do before she sighed.

'You are the most stubborn man I have ever met in life aside from those I call my comrades and friends. What's going on?' She closed her eyes needing to rest since she and those who were down were being protected by allies.

Lucci felt relief and grabbed his video snail and called her so she could see the elephant that was in front of them. 'Ever seen this island before?'

'I-I think I do...I mean there was an elephant island I was on before I had gone to save Sanji from Big Mom. It's where we met the ninja/samurai actually...it looks like the same thing. How close to Wano are you?' Luna was shocked but a little unsure if this was indeed the elephant island she had been on awhile back.

'It's right in the path that we're using to get to Wano...I need to know how badly hurt are you?' Lucci was tense and wary of things around him at the moment especially with this new situation.

'I'm going to have some pretty scars; the worse one will be the one from my shoulder to back I think.' Luna gasped as all those fighting inside froze when the top of the skull cracked and she felt a huge wave of haki from up there.

'Luna what is it?! What's wrong?!" Lucci became aware of Luna's tension and only hoped that nothing happened to her; he couldn't feel any kind of pain so he knew that she hadn't been hurt.

"The top of the skull just cracked and I can feel a huge amount of haki coming from up above; I know it's Luffy and Kaido fighting none of us are even up there. Sanji and Zoro are passed out cold; and I'm completely drained as well but we're all safe. I'm sure Luffy will win he always does. May I ask but why are you so determined..."

"Two years ago in Alabaster do you remember what I told you? When I marked you I told that your my world without you there is no reason to keep going in this world. All these years I would keep a quiet eye on you; when I marked you I bonded us completely together and took the time to know you and supported you in your decisions. When yourself and your crew got separated I was there with the Red Haired Pirates and sometimes Mihawk...we all started training you. You became the future that I wanted to fight for and one day if I have to leave my job then I promised I would spend the rest of my life with you. My main goal for us Luna is to hopefully one day call you my wife; no matter what happens I want to marry you Luna...I love you my crazy pirate." Lucci spoke playfully but lovingly; he normally wasn't like this but Luna loved it and he could feel it.

Luna had moved when she was attacked by a low rank pirate and winced in pain till she felt herself get moved to safety and thanked Marco who took to tending her wounds and checked the one from her shoulder to back. 'You crazy leopard; of course I want to marry you I just don't want you to give up everything that you have worked for. I know how that government works; they just don't let their employees in the CP walk away to live peacefully. They would rather see you dead first; I don't think I could live in a world without you, it's not bond that made me fall in love you...it was all you. I promise I'm walking away from here no matter what it takes and we'll have a future together."