Chapter 71

Lucci's P.O.V
Lucci was worried when he felt that something was wrong with Luna even his body was in pain from her own wounds. He was surprised when his snail rang that was from one of the agents that had been on the island.

"Report! What the hell is going on there?!" Lucci demanded but most of the frustration was from not knowing what the heck was going on with Luna and her silence. He was fearful that maybe...no he couldn't think that she was gone she wouldn't let herself loose like this.

"The floating island has fallen and crashed into the ground; Kaido has lost to Straw Hat Luffy." The agent spoke as he was escaping the area.

Lucci tensed he knew what he was told about the explosives on the bottom of the island and only hoped that they had found a way to stop the explosions from happening. "What about the Straw Hats?! What has become of them and their allies!"

"Straw Hat Luffy had fallen and all other pirates were still inside the island fighting when a surge of water appeared; their either alive or dead. We were unable to capture Nico Robin or Luna D Evermore; I'm the only that has escaped that I am aware of." The agent reported but he was surprised when he saw a giant hole where Kaido had been sent down. "Seems Kaido was sent to the core of the world."

"I see...alright get back to station do not be spotted and we will talk more when you give your report." Lucci hung up and he sighed sitting and closed his eyes concentrating on Luna hoping everything was alright.

He could feel her worry but there was more...she was happy, no that was wrong she was ecstatic and he only hoped that would mean that they truly won. If it was true then that would mean the Straw Hat pirates were truly fearsome but he knew they hadn't been alone for the fighting. No they had comrades and allies that helped out and the Straw Hats would share in the glory of victory with them for defeating two Emperors. That was a long battle and no doubt many lives were lost or on the line fighting to live from battle injuries. 'Rest now Luna you have done well my love I'm very proud of you.'

'I can't rest yet; all my crew is here thankfully but we're gathering the wounded and tending to them. I want to see Luffy right now he's my main concern; I have to see my little brother and make sure that he's alright. There are many survivors here Lucci; but many were lost as well and others like Zoro, but we won Lucci...we actually won. Kaido and Big Mama are defeated and we are all here. I'm sorry I worried you but I had to do this without your aid and prove to myself that I could do this.' Luna spoke but he also heard her voice break with emotions and knew she was thinking back when she held Kade as he had died in her arms and he could only hope she could get past this...no he knew she could; after all Luna was stronger then he gave her credit for a lot of days.

Luna's P.O.V
I held my breathe for what seemed forever when everyone wanted to know if Luffy had actually won, soon word came that Kaido was also finally defeated and we all started cheering loudly including me before all wounded were being brought to Chopper and Miyagi the goat doctor as they were doing everything in their power to help and save lives and tend to all wounds.

I giggled when Nami and I high fived both of us knew that Luffy would be able to win and I felt like a bunch of weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I grabbed the necklace that Kade gave me before he died and smiled softly. "We did it Kade; two less problems in this world and hopefully soon our people will be avenged."

I stayed still and allowed Chopper to also tend to my wound without a fight and cursed covering him as the remaining members of Kaido's crew shot cannons at us until Kaido's daughter told them to stop or she would destroy them completely.

"Luna why don't you go see Luffy? I know you want too." Chopper spoke and I smiled softly nodding my head carefully getting up with his help.

"I will Chopper; I know you and Miyagi will be able to save our nakama and the rest of the injured. I knew you would be alright through out this fight; I knew all of our crews would be alright." I spoke and watched the crews before gasping when an underwater volcano exploded so big and something told me that Kaido was truly gone.