Chapter 55 Home Sweet Hartford

Rory and Logan were sitting on the balcony, enjoying the warm sun. They both knew it would not be long before they would be back in Hartford wearing sweaters. Christopher entered the penthouse looking for Rory. "Rory, where are you?" He really didn't want to go looking. Logan and Rory were still newlyweds. Logan opened the balcony door. "Christopher, out here."

Christopher joined them on the balcony. "Hey, after I talked with you, Nick, James, and I talked with Ricky. He is 20 years old. He is old enough to sign legal paperwork. The four of us came up with this contract." He handed a copy to Logan, who handed it to Rory. Logan stood up, looking over Rory's shoulder as she read. She flipped through several pages, looked at Logan, and handed it to him to read. "Dad, I don't see a problem with this contract. Do you really think it is necessary?" Christopher sighed. "I really hope it is not necessary. I'm worried about Ricky. This contract protects him from Shelia. She is his mother, and he loves her. According to Nick, she is manipulative. He went to college with her and Billy. He is Ricky's godfather. This protects Ricky as much as it protects you." Logan handed Rory the contract. "Was Ricky okay with it?" Rory asked. Christopher nodded his head. "Okay, call down to the hospitality desk and ask if there is a notary available."

After the papers were signed, Rory, Christopher, and Logan checked out of the penthouse headed to Nick's office. This was the last stop before heading to the plane. Nick and Ricky are going to drive the McLaren back to Hartford. They will leave Sunday morning. They will stop in North Carolina and visit a college buddy of Nick's and Billy's then drive the rest of the way the Monday. They should be home by Monday night. This will give Logan time to get Rory's office moved and Rory time to get a decorator in to change up some of the colors. To make the pool house more manly.

Christopher dropped off the contract making a copy for Rory and one for Ricky. They said their goodbye and headed to the airport.

After they got in the air Rory asked Logan about his mother and what the doctors said. Christopher was sitting across from the reading. "I'll move back to the back of the plane to give you some privacy," Christopher said as he stood up. Logan shook his head. "No, man, you need to hear this. This will affect Rory and the boys as well as me and Honor. I think it will be good to have a lawyer listen in. He could help with some of the legal matters to make sure your interest is being taken care of. Ace, I would never intentionally hurt you or put us at risk, but sometimes my mother makes me see red." "Okay," Christopher said as he sat back down.

Logan explained the doctors want to wait until she is clean to start on the Alzheimer's meds. She will be moved to Cliffside Residential housing where she will have someone take care of her. Rory thought Logan looked so sad. She was rubbing his arm. "Honor and I talked. As soon as she is clean, we are going to move her closer to us, probably Hartford. Honor is talking to several residential housing facilities in our area. We want her closer. I don't want to have to make a trip to California every other week." Logan said. "Honor is also talking with Dr. Wilson to see if he has any recommendation as to which facility or which doctor. Ace" Logan took her hand, "If you don't mind, will you contact Paris. See who and what she thinks about this. I am sure she will have a recommendation." Rory nodded. "Christopher, the reason I wanted you to hear all this is that Honor will be housing Shira during the times that she is allowed out. Holidays, Birthdays, Easter, this will affect our family."

They talked most of the flight home. Rory excused herself to go lay down on the bench seat or couch. Christopher and Logan continued talking as they flew through to blue skies.

When they landed, Rory called Lorelai and asked her and Luke to come to supper the next night. Rory was tired and she had a lot to do, but she wanted to tell her mom and Luke about the baby. They will tell Chris, Will, and Karson. They will also explain about Ricky coming to live with them.

Before they left Florida, Ricky filled out the paperwork to have his transcript email to Rory. He told them that he wants to go to Yale, but he is not sure his grades will be good enough. They talked about him going to The University of Hartford a couple of semesters to get his grades up. Rory got the email before she went to sleep. Logan looked over it. He told her the grades were not that bad and he is sure he can pull some strings to get him in. Rory didn't want that. She wants Ricky to stay with them, go to The University of Hartford till he can pull his grades up. She doesn't want Ricky to go to Yale and party his way through school. Going to a local college will give them all time to get to know each other better. Logan agreed.

The next day, Rory woke up throwing up. She could barely stand; she was so weak. Logan called Paris. Rory has been under a lot of stress. He wanted Paris to check her out. Paris told him to meet her at her office with Rory. She will check her out and hook her up to fluids. She is probably dehydrated.

About 3 hours later, Logan and Rory are leaving Paris' office. Rory was feeling better. The baby was fine. Rory asked Logan to take her to the mall. She wanted to get something for Lorelai and Luke to open telling them they are going to grandparents again. Logan refused to stop at the mall. Instead, he pulled into 'Max and Lily's Closet'. This would be less stressful than the mall.

They picked out a onesie that said Coffee, Coffee, in a bottle for Lorelai to open. They picked up a blanket that said my Poppy Loves Me for Luke. They got a coffee mug for Christopher that said Grandpa to three. They got a mobile for Chris to open, and an activities blanket for Will to open. Gigi gets a tee shirt 'my nephews are better than your nephews' on the front and 2+1=3 on the back. Logan saw this sweet bib that said # 3 for Karson. While they were wrapping the gifts, Logan took Rory home for her to rest. He would go back and get the gifts later today.