Chapter 118 Rainey Sunday in New York

Rory wakes up Sunday morning. It was raining and she is tired. Logan tells her to go back to bed. The travel and shower had worn her out. Rory decided to stay in bed and read. Rory woke again to the smell of lunch. She got up, took a shower, and headed downstairs. Logan and the boys were playing video games. "Hey, guys." "Hey momma," They said. Never looking away from the screen. She walked into the kitchen. Evelyn was cleaning up from lunch. "Rory, I fixed you a plate. Sit down and I will warm it and bring it to you." Evelyn said. Rory sat down. "Have you looked at the weather forecast?" Rory asked Evelyn. "Yes, looks like it will rain all day."

After Rory finished eating she went to the study to grab a book to read. Rainy days are made for reading. She read that somewhere, and it has always stuck with her. Rory got comfortable, well as comfortable as she could be at almost 31 weeks pregnant. She was just getting into the story when Logan walked. He picked up her feet, sat down, and put them in his lap. "What are you reading?" "'Wuthering Heights'" "Just what the doctor ordered for this rainy day," Logan said as he started massaging her feet. "Logan that is heavenly"

They sat there for a while, finally, Logan said, "Hey, can we talk?" Rory put the book down. "Sure, always, what up?" "I talked with Ryan yesterday. Then Dillon this morning. They both agree that it will be okay to go back home." Rory nodded. "Logan, whatever you think is best. I am deferring to you. Will we still have security?" She asked. "Yes, I think it will increase. Going back home will start putting our lives back to normal. Life with security is going to be our normal. I'm sorry." Logan said. "There is no reason for you to be sorry. I'm just glad I have someone to protect my family." Rory said.

After a few minutes, Logan said, "Hey, we didn't get to talk last night. Tell me about the baby shower." Logan said. "It was great. The house was decorated beautifully. It was not too uppity, " Logan laughed. "Honor sent out invitations suggesting gifts. When I heard that, I wasn't thrilled. We have money, we can buy anything this baby needs. You will not believe what the suggested gift was. Books" Rory said with a smile. "Books?" Logan asked. "Yes, each book had an inscription inside the cover to Emily Lorelai Huntzburger. And Inside each book was a donation card in the name of Emily Lorelai Huntzburger to different charities." "I guess that means I will be buying new bookcases for the nursery," Logan said. Rory laughed.

"Did the boys enjoy golfing? They have been with Dad a time or 2. I think they are too young. They just like driving golf carts" Rory said. "Yeah, I guess they had fun. We went swimming afterward. I think they like that more." Logan said. "Logan, is there something else? Did they behave themselves?" Rory asked. "For the most part," Logan said. "What does that mean?" "We had a small meltdown when they had to share golf clubs. Samuel and Joshua didn't have to share. That is because they are two different heights." Logan said. Rory took her feet from Logan and sat up. "Wah, They are 4 and almost 5 years old. They are well-adjusted and well-behaved boys. A meltdown now and again is expected. They were whining. I knelt to talk with them. I told them that they could share or we could go home. It was up to them. Then I walked over to where Dad was standing. While we were talking, I kept watching them out of the corner of my eye. They talked for a minute and then walked to me and told me they would share." Logan said. Rory shook her head. "Thank you." "For what?" Logan asked. "For understanding the minds of 5-year-old twins."

"When do you want to go back home?" Rory asked. "What time is your doctor's appointment Wednesday?" Logan asked. "I believe it is at 10:00." "How about we leave Tuesday night? That gives me all day Monday and most of the day Tuesday to get everything in place." Logan said. "We have Dad and Lana's wedding Saturday," Rory said. "Yeah, I'm going to talk to Christopher. I want to make sure there is enough security." Logan said. "Oh, speaking of weddings, guess who was not at my shower?" Rory asked. "I don't know, Lana?" Logan asked. "No, Lorelai," Rory said. "What. I thought she was overall this when she figured out it was menopause." Logan said. "I asked Lane after I didn't see her and she thought Lorelai told me. She and Luke are in Nantucket till after the wedding." "That doesn't make sense. Christopher and Lorelai get along. I know this wedding will not hurt her feelings. What's the problem?" Logan asked. "Don't know. But I will be finding out." Rory said.

"Let's go tell everyone we are headed home Tuesday night," Rory said. When they got in the living room, the boys were still playing video games. Karson and Ricky joined them. Rory went to sit on the sofa and Logan went to get Evelyn. She was in her room. When Logan got back, he said. "Family Meeting time, pause the games, don't make me turn them off" everyone paused the games and waited for Logan to speak. Before he could start, Will asked. "Are we in trouble?" Rory piped up before Logan could answer. "Have you done something that you think you should be in trouble for?" Will and Chris looked at each other. Will started to open his mouth but before he could, Ricky said. "It's a trap, don't say anything. She is trying to get a confession out of you." The adult started laughing "Ricky, I am glad you are being a good brother, but there are some things you need to let them learn for themselves." Rory said. Logan was laughing. "Babe, come on, that's what older siblings are for."

After everyone calmed down. Logan again started to speak. "I have talked with Ryan, Dillon, and your moma. We think it is time to go home. What do you say?" everyone seemed to be in agreement. Home it is. Hartford look out-The Gilmore-Huntzburger-Greene is coming to town.