Chapter 135 Let's get ready for a Wedding. Will Lana be invited?

The Fourth of July is over, Now to get ready for the wedding. Cynthia scheduled a cleaning crew to come in Wednesday to get the house ready for the wedding. She told everyone they need to be out of the house from 10:00 to 1:00. That was no problem. The guys decided to go play golf and the girls are going shopping.

Thursday morning, everyone was up early. The big kids took the little kids to the beach to play. Most of the women were in the kitchen cooking and baking for the wedding. April's desserts were a big hit. She was asked to make some stuff for the wedding. "The decorators will be here around 4:30" Cynthia announced. "See if you can find a nice restaurant. Make a reservation for tonight, say 6:30? That will give me time to show the decorators my mockup then we can get out of the way for them to decorate." Cynthia asked Rory. "Also, please call your mom and see if they want to join us." Rory nodded. "What are your plans for the little kids tomorrow? I don't want them to mess anything up" Rory said. "I agree with Rory," Honor said. "All our boys are well behaved, but boys will be boys," Honor said. "I have an idea. Let me make a phone call or two. I think I have a plan." Rory said.

Rory called Lorelai. She asked them if they wanted to go eat with them. Lorelai said she would check with everyone but to go ahead and count them in. Then Rory said. "I need a favor." "Okay," Lorelai said. "The reason we are making reservations for tonight is they are going to decorate while we are gone." "Wow, How much of those decorations will still be there with all the children around tomorrow?" Lorelai asked. "Well, that's where you come in," Rory said. "I thought so. How many?" Lorelai asked. "Just my two and Honor's two, Jessi and we will even send you Ricky to help," Rory said. "Sounds good to me, we can have a sleepover," Lorelai said. "We will bring their clothes with them tonight."

After she got off the phone with Lorelai, she told the ladies the plan. "Everyone agreed that would work out great. Rory then turned around and called Christopher. "Hey, we are all going out to eat tonight so they can decorate while we are gone. Would you like to come with? Rory asked. "Sounds good, send me the time and address," Christopher said. "How many?" Rory asked. "Well since you have Gigi included in your number, mine will be one," Christopher said.

Rory was laying around in the pool. It always eased her back. She had her eyes closed when someone steps between her and the sun. She opened her eyes to see Lana standing there. "I need to talk to you," Lana said and walked to the other side of the deck. Rory swam over to the steps. She was trying to get out when Cynthia saw her out the window. She hurried to help her. "Why didn't you holler?" Cynthia said. "I have company," Rory said. Cynthia looked at her. Rory nodded her head toward the other side of the deck. Cynthia stepped around to see Lana and another girl. She looked back at Rory who was putting on her cover-up. "There are two of them," Cynthia said. Rory just rolled her eyes.

Rory walked around the corner to see Lana and Carman. Rory was not sure if that was her name, but she thought it was. She put on a smile, "Lana, Carman? What brings the two of you back to my humble home?" Rory asked, never letting up on the smile. She pulled a chair from in front of Lana to the side and sat down. Before Lana could say anything, Cynthia rounded the corner with a tray of cookies and lemonade. "Thought you ladies might like a snack." "no, we are fine. This won't take long" Lana said. "Thank you, Cynthia, I would like some lemonade," Rory said as she reached for a glass and took a sip. "Ok, this is good. Are you sure you won't want a glass?" Rory said sweetly. They both shook their heads. "Suit yourself. Thank you Cynthia for thinking of us." Rory said. Cynthia said. "Not a problem." Cynthia just stood there, Rory looked at Lana for her to start the conversion. When Lana didn't say anything. Rory said. "Lana, you wanted to talk with me. I am here, sitting in an uncomfortable chair waiting." Lana looked at Rory then at Cynthia. "Oh, you want Cynthia to leave," Rory said, smiling at Lana then Cynthia. "I'm sorry, Cynthia is free to be anywhere she pleases," Rory said. "But I will ask her to give us some privacy." Cynthia nodded her head and left. She didn't go far. She was right around the corner and she had already called Logan. This looked like a showdown to her. She didn't want Rory's blood pressure going up.

"I understand you talked with Christopher," Lana said. Rory nodded. "Yes, he is my father and I talk with him quite often. Which time are you referring to?" Rory asked."I'm talking about the one where you told him to divorce me." Lana said. "Oh, that wasn't me, that was my sister. She told him that if he was asking her opinion she would divorce you, but she said she would be okay with my suggestion." Rory said. "What was your suggestion?" Carman asked. Before she could answer Logan rounded the corner. "Ace, I've been looking for you. The boys want you to come to play in the pool with them." "Hey, babe, Lana wanted to talk with me, so I got out of the pool." "I see, aren't you uncomfortable in that chair?" "Just a little," she said. Logan propped up on the deck railing.

"You were saying, Lana?" Rory asked. "I think you need to keep your nose out of my business. Your father knew I did not like kids when he married me. I don't know why this is such a shock to him?" Lana said. Before she could say anything else, Rory sat up in her chair. "First of all, I could care less what you do or don't do. But I will give you a warning. If you ever talk to one of my kids again like you did yesterday, you will rue the day you ever met Christopher Hayden. I am one that usually lets things go. I don't like confirmation, but you have been warned." Rory said. "What can you do to her?" Carman said. Logan cleared his throat and stood up. "I'm not sure we have been properly introduced. I am Logan Huntzburger, this is my wife. Lorelai 'Rory' Gilmore-Hayden-Huntzburge." Before he continued, Carman spoke up again. "So, I am Carman Meredith, you know my grandfather I am sure. People Magazine?" Logan smirked. "Yes, I know Edwin Jr.," Logan said as he pulled his phone out of his pocket. He scrolled through his contacts and pressed a button. "Edwin, Logan Huntzburger. How are you............Yes, having a wonderful time on the Vineyard.......Yes, Honor and Josh are here too.......he is going to step back in for me while I am on paternity leave........She is good. Enjoys the pool........I will tell her.......yes, I just wanted to let you know that your granddaughter...........No, Carman.........." Logan was laughing. "Spoiled would be a good word for her..........No, she is here with Rory's new step-mom.........." Logan laughed again.........Edwin, I can't believe you said that about your own granddaughter........yes, you heard right. I paid her off to stay in California.......No, but maybe I should take out an ad in the papers over there to warn everyone.........No, I don't think she will be a problem if I am judging by how pale her face is now.....I will and Thanks.....Yes I will be off paternity leave by then and if you are in town for the meeting maybe you could stop by and have a meal with us......you too" Logan hung up the phone. Rory the boys are waiting for you in the pool. Let me help you up" Logan helped Rory up and they left the two girls sitting there. "Did he just call your grandad?" Lana asked. "No, I'm sure it was one of his friends just to scare me. "I hope so, last time someone called him about you he cut up your credit card and made you work at his office for a month." Lana said. "Yeah," Carman nodded. They got up to leave, but before they could get off the deck, Carman's phone rang. You could hear her answering. It was her grandad.