Chapter 75 Huntzburger Manor

Logan and Rory went about their daily routine. It has been a month since meeting with the FBI and Shira. Neither one has heard anything about either meeting. Right now they are taking that as a good sign. Their thoughts on the subject are no news is good news. Rory and Logan sat down with Ricky and Karson after finding out they started a romantic relationship. Logan talked with Ricky and Rory talked with Karson, then they all four talked. Because of the twins in the house, Rory and Logan set some rules. Ricky and Karson both agreed to the rules.

Rory was meeting Logan at his office for lunch, then they are going to Rory's 23 weeks check-up. She is feeling so much better. The morning sickness is gone unless she is in a car riding for very long. Rory, Logan, and the boys made a trip to New York for the weekend. They took the helicopter. Rory wore a seasick wristband recommended by her doctor.

Rory was a little early so she parked her car in the underground garage. She stopped at the desk to speak to Renea. Rory had on a cute maternity top that showed off her baby bump. They chatted for a few minutes before she headed to Logan's floor. When she stepped off the elevator, she was greeted by several of the employees. She reached John's desk as he was leaving Logan's office. "Rory, how are you? You look just adorable. But I guess you hear that all the time." John said. He moved a chair beside his desk. "Have a seat. He is in a meeting. I will let him know you are here." John said. "No, that's okay. I will wait out here with you." John shook his head. "Shira is in there." Rory looked at John. "What. Last he told me, he hasn't heard from her." Rory questioned John. "As far as I know he hasn't. This is the first time I know of him talking with her." John said. Rory just smiled. "I knew it was too good to be true."

"What is too good to be true?" Rory and John both turned to see where the booming voice came from. There is no mistake. Mitchum is here. "This could get interesting," John whispered to Rory. She giggled. "Hey, Mitchum. How are you doing?" Rory asked. "Wonderful, just wonderful. How is my favorite daughter-in-law doing? How is my granddaughter doing? Stand up. I want to see." Rory stood up, putting her hand under her baby bump so that it was showing. "We have a doctor's appointment today. 23 weeks." Rory said, smiling. "I was just waiting with John. Logan is in his office. John said he is in a meeting." Rory told him. She was trying not to show too much excitement. If Mitchum is here, then Rory will not be the target for Shira. Mitchum will be.

"Nonsense, I'm sure whoever he is meeting with would not mind the interruption of his wife," Mitchum told her as he waved for her to come with him. Mitchum has changed a lot since Rory came back into Logan's life. But Rory was in shock. This is the man that thinks wives should only be seen in the background. Before Mitchum reached the door, Rory was moving toward him. "Mitchum," Rory said a little too loud. He turned around and waited for her to catch up. "Shira is in there. That is why I was waiting." Mitchum looked at Rory, then laughed. "Well, I am sure that Logan will not mind the interruption," Mitchum said as he winked at Rory.

Mitchum knocked on the door, then opened it. "Logan, what do you mean by making your pregnant wife wait with John? She is so much more important than a meeting." Mitchum said as he moved out of the way for Rory to enter. Logan stood up. He looked at his mother, daring her to say anything. "Sorry Ace didn't know you were waiting," Logan said as he kissed her cheek. "Come on in and have a seat. Dad, are you feeling okay today?" "Never better, Never better," Mitchum said as he shook Logan's hand. "Shira, I see you weathered the last month pretty well," Mitchum said as he took a seat next to Rory on the sofa.

Shira looked at Logan, then Rory and Mitchum. "I see my time is up. Logan, please try to come by the house next week. I do miss you so." Shira said as she stood to leave. When she was almost at the door, she turned to Rory. "Don't be a stranger Rory. That is my grandchild." Shira said as she walked out the door.

Logan was standing. He looked at the door, then at Mitchum. He started walking toward Rory. "What just happened?" Logan asked. "I expected fireworks when I heard your voice outside my door Dad." Mitchum laughed. "Fireworks? Just wait. These fireworks will be delayed." Rory and Logan just shook their heads.

"Dad, what brings you to the top floor today. I saw on the calendar that you and Rory have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I was hoping to treat the two of you to lunch. I have something I want to discuss with the two of you. I asked Honor to meet us at Jenny's. I hope that is okay?" "Sure, my appointment isn't until 2:00," Rory said. "Good, if we leave now, they should have our table ready," Mitchum said as he stood up. Logan helped Rory up. "I don't know what has gotten into him," Logan whispered to Rory.

When Frank pulled up at the restaurant, Rory noticed Honor getting out of her car. "Honor," Rory yelled. Honor turned around and walked very fast or as fast as a girl could walk in 4 inch Jimmy Choo. Honor hugged Rory then held her out in front of her. "Let me see. Oh, you are so cute. Look, dad. You can't even tell she is pregnant for the back. It is all in the front. Oh, I hate you." Honor said laughing. "Well Honor, I do not go around looking at my daughter-in-law's rear. But yes she is as cute as a button." Honor laughed. She looked at Logan. He shrugged his shoulders. He did know what had gotten into him either.

After they were seated and placed their order, Logan looked at Mitchum. "Okay Dad, it is time to spill. In all my 40 years, I have never known you to be this cheerful. Whose dreams did you squash?" "Logan I am not the oger you think I am. I am happy. This is what happiness looks like." "Okay. I will accept that for the time being." Rory stood up. "I'm sorry, I need to be excused. Baby girl is playing football on my bladder." As Rory left the table, Logan looked at Honor. "Dad, you told me that you needed to talk with Logan and me. What's going on. Are you sick?" Honor asked. "No, I'm not sick. I am happy. Let's wait for Rory to return. This concerns her as well."

Mitchem asked about the boys. Honor and Logan both were telling stories of their adventures when Rory returned. When Rory was seated, Honor said. "She is here. Talk." Mitchum chucked. "Cynthia and I are going to give it a try. She has agreed to move back to the states. Before either one of you has a coronary, at this time, we are not going to get married. That may come later." "Mitchum, I for one think this is a good idea. Having a twelve-year-old around will keep you young." Rory said. "Cynthia will home school Jessi until the next school year starts. She will go to Chilton." "So you are going to live in an apartment in Hartford?" Logan asked. Mitchum cleared his throat. "That is what I want to talk to the three of you about." Logan and Rory glanced at each other. "Dad, would you like to live in the Manor in Hartford?" Honor asked. "I was hoping we could work something out." He said. Looking at Logan. "Cynthia will want to redecorate. We will continue employing Evelyn and probably hire a full staff. I will pay for the renovations. I will also take over the household expenses." Before anyone could answer, their food arrived.

While they were eating, Logan was thinking about all that his father said. "Dad, I'm not trying to be a hardass. You are planning on staying faithful to Cynthia? I mean, I think it is a good idea. But I want to retain ownership. I also want you to stay faithful to Cynthia. I want you to be a better dad to Jessi than you were to me or Honor." Mitchum was not smiling. He knew he needed to hear what Logan was saying. He was never the best husband or father. "I hear you, Logan. I will" Logan nodded, then went back to eating his lunch.