Chapter 96: Two crowns

You were staying in the same room you had last time you were at the Palace. So were the others, only now Mina had joined the group she was staying in the other vacant guest room across the hall. However presently, both she and Ochako were stood next to you in your room as the snake haired seamstress and her assistants once again worked their magic to make you all look elegant for the coronation.

Miss Uwabami had sent for Mina to attend the tailor shop a couple of days ago in order to prepare a suitable dress for the dragon. You and Ochako joined her as an excuse to escape more paperwork in the stuffy tower library. After all the traumatic events recently, a little girly shopping trip was just what the doctor ordered. Even though you and the others would be wearing the same tailor-made outfits from your last visit, you enjoyed spending the afternoon roaming the bustling streets of the city with the girls; giggling and checking out everything the market stalls had to offer once you were done at Best Jeanist.

The design Uwabami had come up with for Mina was perfect. Ensuring that she didn't clash with the red and gold of your dress, the pink dragon had been given a slick black number. Also made of soft satin with gold details, the skirt split up one side and the liquid fabric pooled elegantly behind her; it was strapless and had a gold braided rope snaking around the waist to tie at the back. She had been given a golden bangle for her upper arm too and her shoes were similar to yours. Unlike you and Ochako, Mina seemed perfectly as ease in the heeled footwear, even doing cartwheels around the room while wearing them to show off; much to the chagrin of the tailor's assistant who was trying to do her makeup at the time.

Soon enough you were all dolled up and were heading down to the throne room for the ceremony. Your arm was linked with Katsuki's as he stood tall and proud in that breathtaking black suit. You tried not to stare at him constantly, wanting to maintain your composure as the rest of your male friends also linked up with their partners.

Ochako and Midoriya were a lot more relaxed around each other than they had been before, but there was still a matching pink hue across their cheeks as they smiled at each other before looking demurely down at their feet. However, you were too distracted by the dragons to notice this.

Kirishima was looking dapper in the same suit as before, but his eyes almost popped out of their sockets, and his jaw practically hit the floor at the sight of Mina. Your pink friend winked at him and stuck out her tongue teasingly as she sauntered over to him with one hand on her jutted-out hip. You and Katsuki snickered as he visibly picked up his chin and raised his eyes to the ceiling to avoid staring her as he shakily held out his arm to link with hers.

Now that Eijiro was back at full health, he and Mina's attachment was no longer a secret, although they didn't make it obvious; their hands were usually clasped whenever they thought no one was looking and even if they weren't actively linked, they would at least be touching in some way when the other was within reach. It was only when you started watching them interact more and more, that you realised you and Katsuki were doing the same thing. It was as if you were both joined at the hip, but honestly, you hadn't noticed just how much until the dragons also started being affectionate towards each other. This thought had you cringing a little, but seeing everyone else's dewy eyes locked on their partners made you feel less self-conscious about how you had been acting around your barbarian.

The attendants opened the huge double doors to the throne room, and you all stepped inside to join the gathering crowd in the hall. You were shown to some seats near the front of the dais where the now vacant throne was waiting. You remember how intimidating this hall had been when Endeavour was sat in that chair, and you looked up at the ceiling again which had so offended Kirishima and Bakugo last time. You blinked. The mural depicting the war of the ice dragons was gone. The gruesome display had been painted over with a plain dark burgundy colour, effectively eradicating the biased portrayal of the past. You smiled.