46.

Chapter 46

Xie Heyu was holding cherries in his arms when Yu Wen suddenly rushed over. He had no choice but to raise one hand and slightly tilt his ear to listen to Yu Wen’s complaints.

After listening, he glanced at the living room. His good upbringing prevented him from saying anything. He remained silent for a long time, then took two cherries from the box and held them to Yu Wen’s mouth.

“Try them.”

The art of distraction.

Yu Wen didn’t even care if they were washed or not and instinctively opened his mouth. After finishing the first one, his expression froze, the annoyance dramatically solidified on his face. After eating the second one, he licked his lips, “Delicious.”

Hmph.

Forgiveness for the whole world.

Xie Heyu’s expression softened a bit, with what seemed like a slight smile. He went to the kitchen to wash some fruit. Yu Wen, irritated by the brightly colored yarn scattered all over the floor, didn’t want to deal with it and followed him into the kitchen.

Xi Su, however, was completely oblivious.

“Teacher Xie! Teacher Xie!” he shouted, “Forget about everything else and save us first! Do you see us? I’m right here!”

Teacher Xie turned a deaf ear.

Five minutes later, Xie Heyu and Yu Wen each carried a bowl of washed cherries, leaning against the kitchen door.

“Should we save them?” Xie Heyu asked.

“No,” Yu Wen responded coldly, like the autumn wind, “Let them struggle in the sea of bitterness for a while.”

Xi Su was about to be rolled into a ball of yarn, rolling back and forth on the floor. Chu Han, on the other hand, seemed quite at ease, draped in yarn from head to toe, and still lowering his head to crochet a new bundle. Whether he was successful or not was unknown, but his expression was very serious, as if he were conducting scientific research.

After finishing a bowl of cherries, Yu Wen was in a good mood. He finally picked up the scissors and went over to cut the two of them out of the yarn.

Yarn remnants were scattered all over the floor. Yu Wen gathered the usable pieces together, estimating that there was enough to crochet a dozen or so items.

Finally free, Xi Su was kicked by Yu Wen to clean up.

“Teacher Chu, don’t bother anymore.” Yu Wen said earnestly as he looked at Chu Han, who had been crocheting for a long time but still had a mess, “Don’t waste your energy in a field you’re not good at. With this time, we should be honing our strengths…”

“Huh?” Chu Han said in confusion, “I feel like I’m pretty good at it. Look, it’s almost taking shape.”

Yu Wen: “…”

“Teacher Xie, look, doesn’t it already resemble the shape of a koi fish?”

Xie Heyu glanced at his creation, then lowered his head, holding back with restraint.

“…Fine.” Yu Wen stuffed the entire bundle of yarn into his arms, “You continue, this whole lot is yours. Good luck.”

Judging by Chu Han’s crocheting speed, he wouldn’t finish this bundle of yarn in a whole night.

So just let him play.

Xi Su finished cleaning the living room, ate the jianbing that Xie Heyu had brought, and then independently washed a bowl of cherries. After eating the cherries, he turned on the TV.