14. Jessie J

Dressed in Jessie's grey sweater and black shorts, I got out of her car. The sweater was huge on the both of us, but it was extremely comfortable.

"What's with the extra J?" I asked her, slipping on my book bag.

"I'm not sure," she responded with a shrug, slipping on her hat. "It was just supposed to say just 'Jessie', but I guess the machine malfunctioned and made it 'Jessie J'. Weird, right?"

"I dunno. It's kinda catchy. 'The great Jessie J!' I like that. That's your new nickname," I smirked, walking into the building with Jessie.

"If anyone asks, I'm your cousin. Got it?"

"I thought you hated lying?"

"Babe, please work with me here. I don't want people to find out about us."

"What are we?" I found myself asking quietly.

Jessie didn't say anything, which made me think I blew it. My head hung as I walked slightly behind her. She greeted some other janitors on the way, before walking into a closet, me in tow. In the tight space, I had barely room to breathe because Jessie was right in front of me. I blushed at our closeness.

"What do you want us to be?" Jessie asked quietly propping herself, using her arms and hands, on the wall behind me.

I bit my bottom lip, looking into her green eyes. I was scared to say what I actually wanted to say. What if she rejects me?

"I, er--um...uh, well..." No coherent words would cone out.

But Jessie leaned in and kissed me before I could get another attempt in answering. I kissed back, grateful she wasn't mad at me.

"Tell me," she whispered, still with an accent.

"I...I want...Iwanttobeyours," I rushed, blushing madly.

"Oh, come on, baby. I couldn't understand you. Speak more clearly." A small grin played on her lips. She was doing this out of pure enjoyment.

"I want to...be yours," I said shakily.

"That's more better," she murmured before kissing me again.

We continued kissing for a while, momentarily forgetting we were in a janitor's closet. My fingers knocked her hat off and went in her hair. Jessie's hands settled on my hips, bringing me closer to her. I can't stop loving the way her lips felt on mine. As if they were made for each other. A knock on the door brought us out of our fantasy.

"Hold on!" Jessie called, bending down to get her hat.

I straightened her shorts as she put her hair in a ponytail and slid her hat off. "Lunch?"

"As always, babe. Kiss?"

I gave her another kiss, seeing her smile afterwards. "Hey, Syd?"

"Yeah?"

"You look adorable in my clothes."

My cheeks heated up as she laughed and opened the door.

~

"Who's Jessie J?" Delilah asked during lunch.

"Nobody," I bluntly answered.

"Is that Jessie chick it? Does her last name start with a J?" Delilah continued to pester.

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I enjoyed the sandwich Jessie made for me for lunch. Just when I thought my day couldn't get worse, Suzy sat down on the other side of me.

"What's up with you and that janitor?" Suzy asked, twirling a lock of her hair.

"None of your business." I rolled my eyes. How could she just speak to me normally after all this time she's hated me?