24. Love

The day I was released from the hospital was the scariest day of my life. Anything could happen. My parents could whisk me away, Stephen could get me, officers could come to her Jessie. I was deeply afraid that the one person I truly love could be taken away from me in an instant.

As Jessie wheeled me out, I kept my eyes opened, in case something happened. Like Rachel popped out, the woman I've had nightmares about. They consisted of her coming and taking Jessie away from me in multiple ways. Delilah walked beside us, looking everywhere also.

Katy waited for us at her car, and she helped me get in and Jessie was right behind me. Katy and Dee sat in the front seats while Jessie and I sat as close to each other as possible. We didn't want to let each other go.

I was out for a whole week. Not just a few hours, like I thought. A whole week. Stephen was the main one visiting me, besides Jessie, who stayed there the whole time.

"Has anybody seen Rachel?" I asked.

"I went by your job earlier last week," Katy said. "She hasn't came into work."

"That's not a good sign."

Could she be plotting more ways to split me and Jessie up? Would she choose the obvious answer by going to the police? Who knows how long it would be until I see Jessie again!

We were dropped off at Jessie's house, in the dead of the night, and Katy went to take Dee home. The two of us went straight to the room, Jessie almost tripping over Toby, making me laugh. She blushed madly and told me to shut up, which I couldn't. She just made everything so cute!

"I feel as if this was my fault," Jessie mumbled as we cuddled in the bed. No tv on. Just the lamp.

"Don't. It's not."

"If I had never met Rachel--"

"It wasn't your fault you were with some psycho, Jessie. Nobody could know by their looks."

Jessie shifted uncomfortably, still not convinced. I started playing with her hair, something Jessie enjoyed. She closed her eyes and softly smiled as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Dinner?" Jessie purred, making me giggle.

"No, I'm not hungry. But you can go ahead."

"I wasn't hungry either," Jessie insisted, tilting her head back.

"Then why'd you ask?"

"For you."

When I pulled my hand away, she pouted. I gave her a soft kiss before going to take my shower.

~

I took my time in the shower, because I was thinking long and hard about our situation. We never know what's going to happen when, so I'm most definitely paranoid. And we have to make the best of what we have now. Rachel's crazy, and my parents will go to great lengths to make themselves as normal as possible. Which means no daughter dating a janitor. A beautiful janitor that hasn't hurt a fly and will never harm anybody on purpose, might I add.

Dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, I emerged from the bathroom to see Jessie waiting for me, smiling. I resumed my position and cuddled more with her.

"We have to make the best of the time we have together," I muttered against her neck.

"I agree."

"I love you," I proclaimed, my heart swelling with love.

"Do you really?" Jessie whispered.

"Of course I do. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it."

"Can I prove it?" She asked, pulling away to look in my eyes.

"Prove what?" I asked, confused.

"How much I love you."

Still confused, I asked. "How?"

Jessie looked down and blushed. That's when I took the hint and went as red as my hair. Obviously, I was still a virgin, and had never done anything like it before. I was as inexperienced as a child. I don't know what to do.

"It's okay if you don't want to," Jessie quickly said. "It was just an--"

She was interrupted by me as I kissed her meaningfully. This astonishing woman was willing to show me her love to me, and I was willing to let her. She has done nothing but treat me like a princess while we've been together.

"I want to," I said against her lips.

"Really?"

"Yes, Jessie. Tonight. Right now."

"Are you sure?"

"More than sure," I assured.

Jessie pushed me on my back and got on top of me, straddling my hips. She pushed some hair from my face as she gave me another lingering kiss, and another. My body started heating up at how she was kissing me.

"If I hurt you too bad or you want to stop, just tell me," Jessie whispered.

"Okay," I said as she kissed me again.

A/N: ...Hi! I'm so weird. I didn't want to write the whole scene because I didn't know if you'd be comfortable with it, because not everyone is. Just let me know. Okay? Okay!