My Lover | 9. Last Try PART ONE

Jessie's beautiful face was the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes. She was fast asleep, snoring lightly. Her arm was around my waist, and I felt myself get giddy at the feeling. She was holding me!

Instead of getting up, I just watched her peacefully sleep. She stirred a few times, causing her grip to tighten on me, which I did not mind at all. But, as much as I want her to wake up like this, I knew she would freak out and run away. So, slowly, I lifted her arm from around me, and laid it carefully on the bed. Which dis no good, because she stirred one last time and blinked up at me.

"'Morning, Syd," she said in her husky voice as she stretched her muscles.

"Good morning, Jessie."

"Hungry?"

"No, not re--"

"Lets eat, then!"

Jessie hopped up from the bed, pulling me with her. She dragged me to the kitchen, then pushed me into a seat.

"Jess, no--"

"You're eating, whether you want to or not," Jessie said, washing her hands.

I sighed in defeat and watched as Lucy stretched both sets of legs, then wiggled over to me. I scratched behind her ears, and was just being cute with her. Then, being bored with just sitting there, I got up and wandered around the kitchen and watched Jessie cook. She'd look up at me from time to time, probably checking to make sure I didn't mess with anything she needed. Or that I was just that attractive that I distracted her.

"Is there something on my face you like seeing?" Jessie questioned, catching me in staring at her. I hadn't even realized I was staring at her until she pointed it out, obviously.

"Your beauty," I challenged her, fondling with a whisk, expertly twirling it in a circle on the countertop.

"And that gives you a reason to stare?" She looked up to meet my eyes. Big mistake.

My blushing started acting up, and I had to tear my gaze away. She was just too perfect in my eyes. While I slowed my beating heart down, I could think clearer. And finally could say something to wipe that smirk off her face.

"Well, if you're ugly, I would still stare. So, you could be either or."

Her eyes narrowed, and she stepped closer to me. I stood my ground until she was a foot away, and I found myself backed into the corner of the counters. She continued walking, and I mentally slapped myself for leaving the whisk. I could've used it to get away. And the closer she got, the more uneasy I felt. Then she finally stopped, inches in front of me. I was sure she could hear my pounding heart.

"What were you saying?" She asked quietly, yet in a threatening tone.

"I...Jess..."

No coherent words would come out, not because of how menacing her stare was. But because of how close we are in one another's space. Maybe this was the last chance. The last chance to show Jessie what would happen if we part our old ways forever. She must've realized this, because she began to move away, but I stopped her. My hands were on her waist, holding her in place. There was no way I would just let her go like that. I may screw up the friendship we have going on, but I just have to try and give it a shot.

"Syd," she whispered, searching my eyes for any joking.

I was totally serious, and I wanted her to know. She must've took the hint nd gathered all her courage to slowly lean in...

A/N: Sorry, peeps, but that was only part one! Part two will be up tomorrow, hopefully. And guess what? I cracked my screen on my phone because it froze up on me! So everything looks stupid, and I hate it! Okay, bye!!!