The interview

Marshall sat on the sofa in the studio, live on TV while I still hadn't been introduced. I didn't watch it directly, I was in the makeup room and looked at them on the TV screen.

"You're his wife?" Asked the makeup artist while she focused on me. I met her gaze and was about to nod when I remembered that I had to sit still.

"Uhm, yes."  I laughed sheepishly, I wasn't used to be painted, well get put on make up by someone else. I was only wearing some plain clothes with. I had asked Marshall what to wear... What a shock that I ended up in these daily clothes...

"How long?"

"Uhm. 1 month or so. I don't count."

"Mrs. Mathers! You're on in 10 minutes!" Shouted a man into the room, I jumped and felt the pulse rise.

"Oh, don't be nervous! You look beautiful..."

"It's not that, I've never been interviewed on live TV in front of an audience before ..."

"Oh ... It'll be fine. I promise!"

"Okay ..." I replied simply and looked at myself in the mirror nervously.

"You're starting a new tour." Sounded from the TV and I looked up, it wasn't Marshall who was sitting and being interviewed, that was certain. He nodded and sent a quick glance to the camera. "And on the last concert in Detroit, you're having a surprise for the fans. Can we get a hint?"

"Uhm ... I need my wife next to me to answer that question." He replied and sat up on the couch and the crowd cheered when he stood up and walked out of the picture.

"MAKE THAT NOW!" The same man yelled again and he came running into the room and smiled impatiently at me. "You're on, Mrs. Mathers!" He said and led me toward the stage where I met Marshall. He had gone out from the stage and waited for me! I ran into his arms.

"I'm so nervous ..!" I exhaled, Marshall stroked my back and kissed me on my forehead.

"Don't be, I'm right here." He said, and met my gaze before he turned and nodded to the interviewer.

"They've been together for 2 years and been married for a month! Please welcome, Jessica Mathers!" Said the interviewer and the audience clapped and cheered when Marshall came walking out slowly with his eyes fixed on me, I was still behind the scene and still held his hands. He smiled quietly to me and nodded. I walked out and closed my eyes.

"WOOOO !!" The audience cheered and I opened my eyes slowly. I followed Marshall to the couch and sat down while I looked at all the people in the audience. Holy shit there were many...

"Welcome, Mrs. Mathers!" He said, smiling at me.

"Uhm ... Thanks. Uh ..."

"DON'T BE SCARED !! WE LOVE YOU !!" Yelled someone from the audience, I chuckled and tried to find whoever had screamed, but everything was drowned out by another round of applause.

"Are you nervous?" Asked the interviewer and met my gaze serious.

"Uhm .. Yeah, I've never---"

"It's gonna be fine, I promise." He smiled and winked at me. I felt at once a little better, I got the support of everyone... "Can I call you Jessica?" I nodded. "Okay, Jessica! We need your help here."

"Oh?" I smiled and saw Marshall got a little smile when he saw that I looked at him, which caused the audience to go insane, he quickly got himself back in the zone.

"Okay, we need your help to get the secret out. What is the surprise?"

"I'm not here to help you, I'm here to stop Marshall to not spoil too much. Orders are orders."