What if...

I stared out the window at the rain, it hadn't rained for a long time and now that it came, my mood changed to the worse. Haillie had come home long ago and she had run up to her room as soon as Marshall had explained what had happened.

I sat in bed while I stared out the window as I said, the clock was 2 in the afternoon and I heard Marshall walked into the room again.

"Jessica, you've got to eat ..." He said, I turned and met his gaze with a straight face. He held a small plate with a few slices of bread and a glass of water towards me. I looked into his worried eyes and turned around again.

"I'm not hungry ..." I said, Marshall sighed, walked around the bed, put the plate and glass on my nightstand before he sat down on his knees in front of me and looked into my eyes.

"Promise me that you'll eat this ..." He said and stroked my cheek, it was completely rigid of all the tears. I dropped his gaze and stared out the window again.

"I said I'm not hungry ..." I said again, Marshall looked at me worried and forced me to meet his gaze.

"Okay, you may not be hungry. But what about the little one in here?" He pointed at my stomach, I looked down and then at Marshall again. I nodded slowly, I wasn't hungry, but he was right.

I took a slice of bread with yellow cheese and took a bite. I saw Marshall's troubled countenance got calmer and smiled at me easily, I knew I was going to look fake if I smiled back so I refrained and took another bite.

"I wish there was something I could do, but I know there isn't ..." He said sighing and stood up and walked toward the door. I stopped chewing and looked at him.

"Wait!" I said helplessly, he turned to me and met my gaze. "Please stay?" I asked, feeling even more tears find their way to my eyes. He nodded and sat down beside me. I sniffled and took another bite from the slice of bread, and now even I felt a little hungry...

I leaned against him, he put his arm around me and kissed me on the forehead quietly while I ate up the bread slices, everyone of them.

He smiled at me when I put the empty plate on the bedside table and drank up my glass. I lay back in his arms quiet, he stroked my arm slowly while I closed my eyes.

____

"Hahaha !!" Sascha giggled and pulled me in for a hug.

"You're so fucking weird..." I chuckled and hugged her back.

"Bitch, you are?!" She said back and let go around me smiling, I winked at her fooled.

"If I hadn't been weird, I hadn't met you??" I laughed, she burst out laughing.

_____

"Jessica ..." He sighed when I felt the tears and the sobbing became louder. I pulled him against me and sobbed into his t-shirt, sniffling and crying.

"I miss her so much !!" I said tearful and hugged him harder, as hard as I could because I don't wanna lose him too! He would slip out of my hands just as Sascha and disappear from my life forever and I couldn't do anything!

"Jessica ... Could you loosen up ..?" He asked, I shook my head and sobbed louder.

"I won't lose you! I won't! If I can make sure that it won't happen again, I'm not leting you go!" I sobbed, he stroked my back comforting, he said nothing and let me squeeze around him for dear life. "I lo-ove you ...." I stammered forth between sobs, sniffles and crying. "So mu-uch ..." I sobbed and sniffled.

"I know, baby... I won't ever leave, I love you..." He said, I burst into tears while I put my head on his chest.