Granny's turn...

___Marshall's POV___

"Marshall, come here." Anne motioned me toward her with an easy smile. I smiled back at her and followed her into the bedroom. She closed the door behind us, it's her turn now? I thought to myself smiling. "Granny's turn ..." she said that if she had read my thoughts, and laughed. "Come here, son. Sit down." She patted beside her when she sat down on the bed and waited for me patiently. "I'm not going to talk about your feelings for Jessica, they're clearly there. I'm just not sure, about you?"

"About me?" I said and sat down beside her.

"Yes, you're very nice. But, I really don't know you, I know the Eminem, but not you. You know what I'm sayin?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Tell me something about yourself."

"About me?? I don't know ... It's not a happy story ..."

"It can't be that bad!"

"Okay ... I was born October 17, 1972 in Detroit, my father left me and my mom when I was 3 months old, I've never seen him since. My mom was addicted to prescription pills and took em in the kitchen right in front of me, we lived in a small house, but moved quite often. My mom's name is Debbie, by the way ... I have a brother named Nate. My best friend and my uncle, Ronnie, killed himself ... My bestfriend Deshaun, or Proof, was ... he's gone ... I've been addicted to pills, took about 90 a day, alcohol and cigarettes. I'm all clean now though. I have been married to Kim, my girlfriend from high school, and have a daughter with her, Haillie Jade. She cheated on me with another man and got pregnant with him, she even lied about it. We were an on and off couple for a long time, we've been married twice. And ... Yeah, I think that's about it ... Oh, and I was stabbed in the back four times as well ...."

Anne gaped wide-eyed. I smiled at her calm and raised my shoulders.

"I told you it wasn't a happy story ..." I said innocently.

"You've got damn right about that! Jesus christ! I understand all the anger now! WHAT A LIFE!"

"I don't care about most of it anymore, when I met Jessica I was at my worst and she walked in like some kind of, call me a nerd, sign from God that my life is turning better..."

"You a Christian?"

"Ahhh ... Kinda, I do pray, but not like everyday ..."

"I See ... I'm sorry for asking about your personal life."

"It's okay, it's all good now."

"Good. But, that was not the only reason that I asked you to come with me. You see, Jessica has a problem. A HUGE problem."

"What? Since when?"

"Well, I'm not positive about this! But, every time Jessica is sad ... There's suddenly empty bottles of pills..."

"What ?? You think she have--"

"Yes, but I'm not sure! If anything happens, just make sure there aren't pills anywhere! Then see what she does and see if her behavior changes in any ways. It's only when she is depressed, sad or lonely for that matter ... And that's what worries me about you. You have concerts, interviews and everything that comes with being famous."

"You're scared it might trigger something when I'm gone for a longer period..." I finished and nodded towards her understandable.

"Exactly."

"But, I haven't seen anything of this in our relationship? I don't have any pills in my house anymore, Because after the accident with Jessica, I actually thought about using them since I knew thet were there in the cabinet. I threw every last bottle of pills when we got back home from the hospital the following day."