I can't sleep...

"Marshall? Are you awake?" I whispered to the back of his head and took his hand in the dark. I shook his hand gently. "Marshall? Are you awake?" I said, a little higher this time. He groaned and turned to me with his eyes closed.

"What ..." He said tired while he opened one eye slowly while the other were still closed...

"I'm sorry for waking you up ... I can't sleep ..." I said and met his eyes (eye) shy. He yawned and stretched before he turned to me. He tried to meet my gaze, but he probably thought it was too dark so he turned on a light before he met my gaze.

"Why? Told you I couldn't sing ..." he said with a grin, I laughed a short laugh before I swallowed hard and met his gaze horrified, a feeling spread trhough my stomach and head. "You sick?" He asked when he saw what I did, I nodded and took me to stomach. He leaned toward me, his covers fell down from his stomach and my eyes automatically fell on his abs. He put his hand against my forehead. "I think you've got a fever, you're hot." He said and winked at me. "On both good and bad ways." He said quickly, I smiled briefly at him.

"I feel like I'm gonna throw up ..." I said and took me to the mouth as soon as my stomach twitched. He jumped up and pulled me into the bathroom, sat me down in front of the toilet just in time before I threw up. He held my hair away and sighed sad.

"Yeah, you're sick ..." he said when I finished and stood up. He sat down on his kneed and looked me in the eye. "Go Back to bed, I'll get a bucket you can have next to you. In case you need to throw up again ..." he said and kissed me on the forehead. I smiled at him grateful and went back to bed, hid myself under the covers and met his gaze when he came back. He held a bucket in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. 

"Thanks ..." I said thankful and took the water bottle to wash away the taste in my mouth. He put the bucket on the floor beside the bed, walked around and lay down on his side again.

"You feeling any better?" He asked, putting the covers over him without losing my eye. I nodded slowly and lay down under the covers against him.

"You know what?" I said with a grin.

"Not before you tell me..." He said clever.

"Shut up. I really didn't think you were this lovey, kind and cute at all before. I thought you were ... Well, a hot jerk or something."

"A hot jerk? Really?" He chuckled and met my gaze questioningly.

"Yeah, but I liked it though. I thought it was very ... well, attractive." I said and took a sip of water again.

"...Jessica?"

"Yup?" I turned toward him and saw his eyes look at me pleadingly, I groaned out sad. "Not another concert or tour, right ??"

"No, no. I just gotta do a interview tomorrow, or ..." He looked at the clock quickly. "Today."

"Oh, that's fine...."

"You think you'll be alright without me for a couple hours? Since you're sick, y'know ..."

"I got Haillie, I'll be fine." I said and took his hand in mine and kissed it softly. "I wish I could kiss you, but I don't want you to get sick ..." I said while I looked straight into his blue eyes that looked back at mine with an easy smile.

"I know ..." He agreed and stroked my cheek soothingly. "Go to sleep now, maybe you'll feel better after a couple of hours." I nodded and closed my eyes as he wrapped me in his arms protectively.

_________

"Can we watch the interview ??" Haillie asked when Marshall was on his way out the door, he turned to us quickly and kissed us both. Haillie on the forehead, while he kissed me a little longer onthe mouth.