Midnight

Connie was in the kitchen getting herself a glass of water to take up to bed when the doorbell rang.
She sighed and went to open it and was shocked to find Jacob on her doorstep, it was almost midnight.
"Jacob, what are you" she started but he stepped inside then pushed her up against the wall and kissed her.
She was shocked but responded, wrapping her arms around his neck and pushing her tongue into his mouth.
His hands moved to her waist as he held her tightly whilst they kissed until they needed to pull away for air.

Connie looked up at him smiling then hugged him tightly.
"I love you Connie" Jacob said softly.
"I love you too" she replied before laying her head on his chest.
"You're so beautiful" he whispered before kissing the top of her head.
"You're not so bad yourself" Connie replied.
"Were you going to bed? Do you want me to go home?" he asked.
"I was, but I don't want you to go. Why don't you stay over?" she suggested.
"Alright, if it's ok with you" Jacob said.
Connie nodded then locked the door before taking his hand and leading him upstairs completely forgetting the glass of water she had came down to get in the first place.

They went into Connie's bedroom then Jacob stripped down to his boxers as Connie climbed into bed and he climbed in next to her but as he did she threw all of the clothes out from under the covers.
He raised an eyebrow at her as she lay there smirking at him, "I prefer to sleep naked, is that a problem?" she asked him.
"Not at all, mind if I join you in that?" he said with a smirk.
"Be my guest" Connie replied.
Jacob quickly removed his boxers and chucked them out before pulling Connie into his arms and kissing her lips gently.

"As happy I am that you're here, and that we finally have admitted how we feel, why now? At midnight, not forgetting the fact that you're engaged" Connie asked.
"I guess I just couldn't wait any longer. I couldn't stop thinking about today when that patient swung for you, it made me realise that I need to take the most out of life. A life that I want to spend with you because I love you with all my heart Connie" he confessed.
"Jacob, that was the most beautiful thing anybody has ever said to me" Connie said with tears forming in her eyes.
"You deserve nothing less sweetcheeks" he said as he caressed her cheek.

"Seriously though, what about Rebecca?" Connie said.
"She'll get over it" Jacob said causing Connie to smirk.
"Always the charmer I see Jacob" Connie said.
"Hey I won you over didn't I?" he said.
"Yes you did Jacob" she replied.
"I'll call her tomorrow, she knows I'm here though and she'll know I've stayed here since I'm not at home. It's should be pretty obvious what's happened really, it's you and I'm only human" he said.
Connie laughed and hit him gently on the chest, "God I love you" she said.
"I love you too baby" Jacob replied before he started tickling her waist causing her to giggle.