Aht Lo Levad

Jacob put his arms gently on Connie's shoulders, "you've made Elliot proud sweetcheeks, you deserve to say a proper goodbye" he told her.
She nodded and smiled weakly, "thank you Jacob, I'll see you tomorrow" she replied.
He nodded then gave her a friendly hug before she began to walk away.
"Oh Connie" he called after her.
"Yes Jacob?" she replied.
"Aht Lo Levad" Jacob said.
Connie smiled, clearly understanding the meaning of the words, "I know" she said before continuing on her way.

After a very emotional service and burial, Connie drove to the wake.
She sat with Jac and Michael for a while, chatting about memories about Elliot, before Jac had to go to home to Emma.
"Fancy getting out of here?" Michael suggested.
Connie nodded and stood up with him, both of them walking out and catching a taxi to a bar in town.
After a lot of laughing, many shots of tequila and more laughing, Connie was far from sober, and Michael a little tipsy himself.
Michael lent in and pressed his lips to Connie's who quickly responded, their tounges roaming each other's mouths.
They stumbled out of the bar, their lips barely parting until they reached a taxi which took them back to Michael's, where Connie spent the night.

The next morning she left early to go to work, quickly stopping off at home to shower and change her clothes before heading to the ED.
"Morning sweetcheeks" Jacob smiled to her.
"Hmm, morning" Connie replied with very little emotion, then she headed straight to her office.
A few hours later Jacob went to lift the handle on her office door when he heard raised voices, "it was a mistake Michael, I just needed comfort, I'd had too much to drink! Just leave me alone!" Connie said.
"A mistake?! Once maybe! But four times in one night?! That's not a mistake!" Michael shouted back.
Jacob sighed and opened the door, "she asked you to leave. So go" he said harshly.
"What are you going to do about it?!" Michael responded.
"Out" Jacob responded through gritted teeth, then with a sigh Michael pushed past him knowing a fight with Jacob was as good as a death wish.

"You slept with him last night?" Jacob asked Connie.
"Don't you start Jacob, I was grieving, I needed someone to be there for me" she replied.
"Then maybe my Hebrew isn't as good as I thought, because I recall telling you that you're are not alone. Maybe you and I both had different meaning of that" he said.
"You're Hebrew is fine Jacob, I just needed someone to be there for me! And he was!" Connie told him.
"I could of been there! Instead of you sleeping with him and regretting it" Jacob said.
"Why?! So I'd of slept with you instead?!" Connie shouted.
"No! So you could of called me and told me you needed someone, so I could of taken you home and looked after you. But I wouldn't of slept with you, because I'm not so shallow to take advantage of a drunk grieving woman" he told her.

Connie looked up at him, "I know I should of called you, I know I shouldn't of let him take advantage of me so I'm sorry" she said.
"You don't need to apologise sweetcheeks" Jacob replied before pulling her into a hug.
She smiled and hugged him back, "I'm so lucky to have you as a friend Jacob" she said.
Jacob groaned, "friend zoned by the boss" he chuckled.
She giggled and bit her lip, "well I didn't want to have to friend zone you but since you don't take advantage of grieving women I had no choice" she told him.
"Although, if I told you I'm no longer grieving, what position would that put us in?" Connie added.

"Oh that would make it completely acceptable for me to take you over the desk right now" he laughed.
"I'll bare that in mind" she said with a chuckle before pressing her lips to his cheek, "thank you" she said.
"You're welcome sweetcheeks, and I'm glad you'll bare that in mind, the offer will always be there" Jacob smirked.
"Oh really? In that case, what are you doing at the end of the shift?" Connie asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Hmm, nothing springs to mind, why? What did you have in mind sweetcheeks?" he asked.
"Oh nothing, it's just" she started before leaning up to his ear and whispering, "I have a desk at home too" she said seductivly before walking out of her office.