Hold Me

Jacob looked down at the message on his phone as he stood against the bar in the pub.
'Hold me' it read from Connie
Jacob quickly called her, "Be there in ten" he said before ended the call.
"Sorry guys, do this another time" Jacob said then walked out.
"What was that all about?" Max asked.
"Connie" Rita said.
"Huh?" Noel asked.
"A message on his phone from Connie, just saying 'hold me'" Rita told them.
"Reckon she's ok?" Cal asked.
"Would you be if you were almost thrown off the roof?" Iain said.
"Good point, but why Jacob?" Cal said.
"Because she's in love with him!" Robyn blurred out.
"What?" Max said.
"How do you not see this?!" Rita asked.
"They're oblivious" Zoe replied.

Jacob arrived at Connie's ten minutes later.
She came to the door and let him in; mascara streaming down her face, her eyes red from crying, hair half tied back, her vest top soaked from her tears.
Jacob pulled her into his arms then without a word carried her upstairs. Connie sobbed into his chest, wrapping her arms around his neck as he carried her bridal style.
She was placed in bed then Jacob took off his shoes and jacket before climbing in next to her.
"It's ok con, you're safe now" Jacob said as he wrapped his arms around her.
Connie held onto his arm and snuggled into him as her sobs became less frequent and her breathing steadied out again.

"I'm sorry if I ruined your evening" she sniffled.
"Trust me sweetcheeks, you're so much more important than a couple of pints down the pub with Max and Cal" he said.
"Thank you" she said sincerely.
"Are you feeling any better?" Jacob asked.
"I am now, just really shook up. I hate this though because it isn't me, I don't do crying and breaking down. I was just so scared, I'd never get to see my daughter again, I'd never get to tell you how I feel, I'd never get to" Connie said but Jacob cut her off.
"Tell me how you feel?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.
"I'm sorry, I, err I didn't mean to say that" she stuttered.
"No, Connie tell me, please" he said softly.

"I love you" she whispered.
Jacob smiled, "well that's lucky, because I love you too" he replied.
"Jacob you're just saying that because you feel sorry for me" Connie said but Jacob shook his head.
"I mean it sweetcheeks, I'm in love with you" he said again.
Connie smiled and looked up at him as he lowered his head and placed a gentle  kiss to her lips.
"Believe me now?" he asked her.
"Yes" she replied then lent up to kiss him again.
It was gentle but passionate, Jacob's hands around Connie's waist, hers around his neck as his tounge parted her lips and slipped into her mouth.
They finally pulled apart then Jacob wrapped the bed covers around them tightly, "get some sleep, I promise I'll be right here when you wake up" he said before kissing the top of her head.