Morning After

Connie woke up smiling as she rolled over but realised that the other side of the bed was empty.
She sat up and heard Jacob's voice coming from the bathroom,
"I'm sorry, I got caught with work, I promise I'll make it up to you. Alright I love you too" he said.
'So last night meant nothing' Connie thought.
She heard the door open and laid back down and closed her eyes quickly as he came out with his phone in his hand.
He smiled, seeing her lying naked in his bed, her hair falling flawlessly down her back, it only made him love her more.

Jacob gently kissed the top of Connie's head then he took some clothes from his wardrobe then went back into the bathroom.
As soon as Connie heard the shower switch on the threw herself out of bed, grabbed her clothes off the floor then hurriedly put them on.
She grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from her bag, 'been called into work' she wrote then left it on his pillow.
She slipped her louboutins on then walked out his bedroom closing the door behind her.

Connie drove home and quickly got a shower and changed her clothes then headed to the ED, still arriving before Jacob.
He had got out of the shower then gone in to wake her to find she wasn't there.
He didn't believe that she had been called into work, mostly because she had left her phone downstairs the night before then when he went down it was still in exactly the same place.
Jacob got ready then left the house and went to the ED with Connie's phone.
He knocked on her office door then she told him to come in a few seconds later.

"Hey, you left your phone behind" Jacob said as he placed it on the desk.
"Thank you" Connie said without looking up at him.
"What's wrong? I know you weren't called into work early" Jacob asked her.
"None of your business Staff Nurse Masters, get out of my office" she growled.
"So I've done something then, are you going to tell me what because I didn't here you moaning last night. At least not in a complaining way" he said.
"Well I'm sure that woman you were on the phone to this morning had a lot to moan about since you stood her up. You know that one you love, you'll make it up to her because you were busy with work. I don't appreciate being lied to Jacob and" Connie said but she was cut off by Jacob's lips crashing onto hers.

Connie pulled away glaring at him, "I don't think that a good idea, do you?" she said sternly.
"She's my sister con, I was on the phone to my sister. We were supposed to meet up last night, I haven't seen her in a while. I told her I got caught up with work because I couldn't tell her I jibbed her to have sex, she doesn't know how I feel about you so she would of presumed it was a one night stand" Jacob told her.
"Jacob, I'm sorry I had no idea you had a sister" Connie said.
"It's ok, come here" he said then he opened his arms out.
Connie stepped closer to him and rested her head against his chest as he hugged her, "what do you mean 'how you feel about me'?" she asked him.

"I love you Sweetcheeks, I really do" Jacob admitted.
Connie smiled then looked up at him, "I love you too Jacob" she replied before leaning up to kiss him.
"I thought that wasn't a good idea" he said with a smirk.
Connie hit him lightly on the chest, "shut up you idiot" she laughed before kissing him again.