Introductions

"Good morning, I'm Mrs Beauchamp. I am your new clinical lead due to Doctor Hanna's very abrupt departure shall we say. Now I have been brought up to date with each and everyone of you so I will stand for no funny business, that goes for you too Doctor Knight. Dr Chao and Dr Hardy you will be leading in resus today whilst Dr Knight and Dr Keogh will be working minors. Nurse placements shall be assigned by Clinical Nurse Manager Freeman, and you, Staff Nurse Masters please show me to my office" Connie said as she stood in front of the staff.
Jacob nodded then he and Connie walked away towards her office leaving everyone looking at each other in shock.

"So Sweetcheeks, I'd say you made quite the impression" Jacob grinned as he closed the door behind them.
"Mrs Beauchamp in work please Jacob" Connie said as she removed her coat and hung it up.
"And why can't it be Mrs Masters? That is your name" he said.
"Because I don't see the need for my staff having any insight into my personnel life, especially on my first day" Connie replied.
Jacob sighed, "did the kids get off to school ok?" he asked.
"Grace was fine, Daniel kept asking for you but he went in eventually" she said.
Jacob nodded, "do I at least get a kiss before we go back out there?" he asked.

Connie nodded and kissed him gently, cupping his cheek as she did so, then let out a sigh as she pulled away.
"Would it really mean that much to you for them to know my name?" she asked.
"Honestly baby it would, but I'm not going to force you" Jacob replied.
"You aren't. Let's go and tell them" Connie said then she pecked his lips one last time before walking out.
"Gather round everyone" she shouted as Jacob stood next to her.

They staff crowded around her again waiting for what she had to say, "It seems I wrongly introduced myself earlier on so I'm now going to correct myself. I'm Mrs Masters, your new clinical lead" Connie told them before turning on her heel and walking away.
"Wait, Mrs Masters as in Jacob?" Cal said.
"Yes I'm his wife, now deal with it and get on with some work" Connie shouted back causing Jacob to smirk.
"That goes for you too Jacob! Stop smirking, resus with me now!" She added.
"You're not even looking at me! How did you know?" Jacob asked but she carried on walking.
"Connie! Babe seriously how did you know?" he asked as he walked after her quickly.
"Five years of marriage Jacob, you learn things" Connie replied as she opened the doors to resus.