Becky With The Good Hair

Looking at my watch he should of been home, make me regret the night I put that ring on.

Connie sighed as she sat on the sofa, Jacob should of been hours ago. She'd cooked, although she was unsure why as it was always the same. He was hardly ever home for dinner, and if he was he always claimed to have eaten.
She doubted it very much, suspecting that he feared that he would let something slip, and Connie would find out everything.
Little did he know, she already knew.

He always got them fucking excuses, I pray to the Lord you reveal what his truth is.

He was working late, drinks with his mates, nipped to the gym after work, they were his three best ones.
Connie was getting bored of them, did he think she was stupid? They worked together, she would obviously find out he wasn't there.
She had called him up on it once, to which he sweet talked her and handed her a bracelet although from the look on his face she very much doubted it was intended for her, it was just his way of keeping his dirty little secret.

I left a note in the hall way, by the time you read it I'll be far away. I'm far away.

She'd had a bag packed for weeks, convincing herself she was going to leave him. This was finally it, she couldn't put up with it anymore.
Connie got up and went upstairs, walking into their daughter's room and carefully picking her up.
She cuddled into Connie, clinging onto her teddy still half asleep then rested her head on her shoulder as she draped a blanket over her
She kissed her head and carried her into their bedroom, taking the bag from her wardrobe and retreating downstairs.
Connie grabbed a note pad off the side, quickly writing a message then tearing the paper from the pad and dropping it in front of the door.

Me and my baby we gonna be alright, we gonna live a good life.

She took a few minutes to look around the room, pictures from their wedding day, happy and smiling, kissing and cuddling. So much had changed.
Amira's baby photos, her birth, her first steps. When they were a perfect little family.
But Jacob had ruined that, he'd betrayed Connie's trust, forgotten all about the vows he had made to her.
She used to think he loved her, now she was convinced she was just naive.

He only want me when I'm not there. He better call Becky with the good hair.

Connie took one final look at the paper on the floor, "you better call becky with the good hair." She was certain he would understand the reference, Connie had played that particular song a lot recently, so much that even Amira had began to sing along to the ending.
She sighed and walked through the door, locking it behind her then dropping the keys through the letter box beside the note and walking away.

He better call Becky with the good hair...