Anchored - Part 10

"I am going to give you three seconds to change the way you're talking to me before I give that precious little face of yours a scar across it."

CJ gulped, standing where she was in patience as she was then silent. Harriet stayed, keeping her sword raised. "You are getting older, love, you're going to have to start taking responsibility for your own actions."

Harriet lowered her sword and put it back into the holster on her back. She put one of her gloved hands on her hip, leaning to the side and looking CJ up and down. "So why don't you start by telling me what happened?"

"No." CJ stated, folding her arms across her chest.

Harriet raised an eyebrow, with a face of 'really'? And she stood there while waiting for an answer, Harriet just wasn't about to take no for an answer. She whistled a little tune while she waited.

"UGH!" CJ shouted, knowing that now she wouldn't be able to leave unless she said something. "OKAY WHATEVER! What do you want to hear, eh?! That I failed! That I'm just the runt of the family and I can't do anything right!? Yeah, okay! Fine! I'm a failure, HAPPY?" She threw her hands in the air in anger, her eyes darting around the room and never once looking at her sister.

"Yes." Harriet smirked, "Cause you finally owned up to it, CJ. Everyone's gonna fail sometimes, what matter is that you get back up and try again!"

CJ stopped and frowned involuntarily. She put her hands on to her belt, letting her arms hang from it as she listened to her older sister yell at her.

"We are bad, evil, rotten people. But why do you think so many villains fail huh? Cause they don't have the guts to try again! But we aren't just wicked, we are pirates, we fight until our victim is finished! And our mistakes make us who we are! We are survivors, we thrive by fighting!"

CJ was quiet after that. This was the response she was expecting from her sister, except she was also expecting to have gotten a smack to the face a few times as well. But, CJ had always imagined her family turning their backs on her after she came back. So far, Harry had surprisingly been a good brother and Harriet was surprisingly making her feel better.

"So why did you not come home? What, did you not want to try again? Did you not want to be a Hook anymore? Cause I-"

"I wanted ya to be proud of me." CJ stated, "I wanted to prove myself and when that didn't happen, I didn't come home because I thought ya all might cast me out like yesterday's garbage."

Harriet stopped for a moment, biting her bottom lip. She understood why CJ felt like this, because part of it was true. There was a very big chance that if their father knew at the wrong time, he would kick CJ out of the house. Or worse, out of the family. They were all afraid of their father, but they never would know the extent of his evilness.

"Like I said, you need to own up." Harriet stated, folding her arms across her chest. "CJ." She mumbled, making her sister look up at her. Their eyes met, and CJ looked more bold then she had before. Maybe it was Harriet. Her boldness was infectious. The people who you spend the most time with, are usually the ones you end up turning in too.